Although the recent military coup and the chaotic situation in Turkey took place in early hours of Saturday, July 16, Iranian officials were vigilant enough to closely monitor and show appropriate reactions to the developments in the neighbouring country.
The World Heritage Committee of the United Nations Educational, Scientific, and Cultural Organization (UNESCO), in its 40th session since July 10 in Turkey, inscribed eleven Persian Qantas on the World Heritage List.
Commander of the Islamic Revolution Guards Corps (IRGC) Navy Rear Admiral Ali Fadavi downplayed Riyadh's capability to threaten Iran militarily, and stressed that Tehran is able to strike heavy blows at Saudi Arabia if necessary.
An attempted Turkish military coup appeared to crumble in the early hours of Saturday, July 16, after crowds answered Turkish President Tayyip Erdoğan's call to take to the streets to support him.
In a recently-aired program, the Persian-language news channel of BBC (British Broadcasting Corporation) simply discounted millions of job losses and economic damages caused by sanctions in Iran, and described as immoral the boycott of Israeli products that may cause several thousands of job losses in the far, hazy future.
Iran’s Foreign Ministry strongly condemned a Thursday night terrorist attack in France’s Nice, where a truck loaded with weapons and hand grenades plowed through a crowd celebrating Bastille Day and killing at least 90 people.
Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif criticized the US over its failure to carry out its commitments as per the last year’s nuclear deal in the best way possible.
IFP has taken a look at the front pages of Iranian newspapers on Thursday and picked headlines from 26 of them. IFP has simply translated the headlines and does not vouch for their accuracy.
In a message on Thursday, July 14, Iranian President Hassan Rouhani offered his congratulations to his French Counterpart François Hollande on the country’s Bastille Day.
Iran has summoned the caretaker of Egypt's Interests Section in Tehran over the presence of several Egyptian parliamentarians in a rally held recently by the terrorist Mujahedin-e Khalq Organization (MKO).
Iranian Deputy Foreign Minister for Asian and Pacific Affairs Ebrahim Rahimpour said the presidents of Iran, Russia and the Republic of Azerbaijan are expected to meet in Baku on August 8.
Iranian Foreign Ministry Spokesman Bahram Qassemi categorically denied the “wrong” and “baseless” claims raised in a statement by the Bahraini Foreign Ministry on Iran’s role in a late June bombing in the Persian Gulf littoral state.
Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif stressed that the legal regime of Caspian Sea should be developed in a way that the interests of all littoral states are met.
People in Bosnia marked the 21st anniversary of the Srebrenica massacre, during which 8,000 Muslim Bosnians in were massacred during the Bosnian War in July 1995.
Speaking at a ceremony to mark the first anniversary of the nuclear deal between Tehran and world powers, Iranian President Hassan Rouhani said Iran will be committed to the deal but will be able to quickly return the nuclear program to any desired level if the agreement is violated by the other side.
Hamid Baeidinejad, a senior official at the Iranian Foreign Ministry, stressed that Iran’s missile program serves the country’s national interests and is no threat against any country, especially in the Middle East.
IFP has taken a look at the front pages of Iranian newspapers on Wednesday and picked headlines from 21 of them. IFP has simply translated the headlines and does not vouch for their accuracy.
Iranian President Hassan Rouhani in a message on Wednesday, July 13, congratulated his Montenegrin counterpart President Filip Vujanovic on the country’s National Day.
In a meeting in Tehran, Speaker of Iran’s Parliament Ali Larijani and Bulgarian Prime Minister Boyko Borissov explored the avenues for promoting mutual cooperation between Tehran and Sofia.
The latest market figures show that Iran’s oil production has already hit the highest level in the past five years – what could mark a major achievement for the country only months after the removal of sanctions in January.
Spokesman for the Iranian Administration Mohammad Baqer Nobakht strongly denounced the gathering of the Mojahedin-e Khalq Organization (MKO) in Paris and stressed that resorting to a “despised and demolished” group and a “stinking corpse” is a sign of “weakness and desperation.”
A meeting between officials from the Central Bank of Iran (CBI), the US Treasury and international banks in London to discuss banking restrictions on trade with Iran despite a lasting nuclear deal between Tehran and world powers has been delayed, the British government said.