IFP has taken a look at the front pages of Iranian newspapers on Sunday, May 20, and picked headlines from 19 of them. IFP has simply translated the headlines and does not vouch for their accuracy.
The top story in all Iranian papers today was the ongoing efforts by the European Union to save the Iran nuclear deal. Several papers particularly covered the talks between EU Commissioner for Energy and Iranian officials in Tehran on ways to help Iran survive the return of US sanctions.
The first anniversary of President Hassan Rouhani’s re-election also received great coverage.
The mysterious disappearance of Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman also remained a top story today.
The above issues, as well as many more, are highlighted in the following headlines and top stories:
1- Russia: Everyone Must Leave Syria, Except Us!
- Kremlin Spokesman: Only Russia’s Presence in Syria Legal
2- Europe Continues Sending Positive Signals to Iran
- EU Mulling Over Direct Payment of Iran’s Money to Its Central Bank
1- Europe: Ways Will Remain Open
- Mogherini: We Seek to Continue, Expand Our Cooperation with Iran
2- Tourism to Be Tomorrow’s Oil for Iran
- A Report on Tsunami of Tourism in Iran, the World as of 2020
1- Europeans Trying to Rescue Iran’s Oil Exports
- EU Energy Commissioner Meets with Iran’s Oil Minister
1- From Economic Crisis to Legitimacy Challenge
- Venezuela Presidential Election Begins; Maduro’s Re-Election Most Likely
2- Royal Wedding Costs $42 Million
- Wedding Ceremony of Prince Harry, Hollywood Actress Meghan Markle
1- Difficulties of Being Rouhani: One Year after Beginning of Second Term
1- EU Energy Commissioner: European Union to Stand against US to Save JCPOA
2- UN Votes for Formation of Fact-Finding Committee on Israeli Atrocities
1- Norm-Breaker: Qalibaf Once Again Starts Attacks on Traditional Conservatives
1- We’ll Claim World Title If We Are Supported
- Head Coach of Iran Women’s Futsal Team Speaks after Second Asian Championship
1- Europe Gives 4 Guarantees at Iran’s Oil Ministry Building
- A Look at EU Energy Commissioner’s Talks in Tehran
1- European Carmakers to Remain in Iran’s Market
- A Report on Positions of European Car Manufacturers towards US Sanctions
1- US’ Alternative to Iran Nuclear Deal
- US State Secretary to Announce His Country’s New Plan to Confront Iran
- Eight European Firms Leave Iran
2- Deadly Shooting in US High School Leaves 10 People Killed
1- ISIS Crosses Euphrates River Thanks to US Forces’ Help
2- Muslim States Call for Formation of Committee to Probe into Israel’s Crimes
1- Europe’s “Blocking Statute” another Move to Deceive Iran
2- Senior MP: Iran Has Lost $25 Billion Because of Oil Deal with Total
1- Even China Betrays Iran!
- China Refuses to Give Iran Assurance that It’ll Continue Buying Iran’s Oil
1- Battle for Great Coalition
- A Review of Possible Coalitions that Will Help Form New Iraqi Gov’t
1- Warning: HIV Growth in Iranian Women Up by 10 Times
- Officials Stopped Operation of Bus that Raised AIDS Awareness
1- Policy of Maintaining Calm in Order to Overcome Crises
- First Anniversary of Rouhani’s Re-Election
- His Government Has Been under Strong Pressure over Past Year
1- A Review of Iran-Turkey Forex Swap
1- Guaranteed Withdrawal from Iran!
- 14 Major European Firms, Financial Institutions Leave Iran before Return of US Bans
2- In Which Hideout Are Riyadh, Abu Dhabi Leaders Hiding Themselves?
- Reactions to Absence of Saudi, Emirati Leaders from OIC Summit