IFP has taken a look at the front pages of Iranian newspapers on Saturday, April 28, and picked headlines from 20 of them. IFP has simply translated the headlines and does not vouch for their accuracy.
Many papers today covered the remarks made by the Leader of Iran’s Islamic Revolution Ayatollah Seyyed Ali Khamenei in a meeting with the participants of the International Quran Competition in Tehran.
The top story in several papers was the historic meeting between the North Korean Leader and the president of South Korea.
Warnings by top Shiite clerics like Ayatollah Javadi Amoli on the need for the government to pay attention to people’s demands also received great coverage today.
The above issues, as well as many more, are highlighted in the following headlines and top stories:
- Energy Minister: This Year to Be Iran’s Driest Year in 50 Years
- Historic Reconciliation between North, South Korean Leaders
- Leader: Iran Has Stood against US, Progressed Based on Quran Teachings
- US Defence Secretary: No Decision Taken Yet on US Withdrawal from Iran Deal
- Cleric: Government’s Borrowing from Central Bank Deadly Poison for Economy
- ICT Minister on Telegram Filtering: Don’t Expect Me to Do Anything Illegal
- Transparency Best Way to Fight Corruption: Imam Khomeini’s Grandson
- Ayatollah Javadi Amoli: People Not to Tolerate Embezzlement, Incompetence
- Historic Day in Korean Peninsula
- Deputy Head of Environment Dept.: Without Consensus, Lake Urmia Will Die
- Iran Leader: Muslim States Suffering from Humiliation Disease
- Historic Meeting of North, South Korean Leaders after 65 Years
- Top Clerics Warn about Consequences of Ignoring People’s Demands
- Wings of Iran Nuclear Deal Broken
- Planes Purchased on Virtue of JCPOA Now Gone
- Iran Gov’t Ends Its Agreement with Telegram
- Banks, Private Sector Support Government’s New Forex Policy
- What Happened in Council of Foreign Relations Meeting?
- FM Zarif Must Apologize Instead of Denying Clear Evidence
- 26 Zionist Military Officials to Trump: JCPOA Ensures Our Security; Don’t Pull Out of It!
- Iran Leader: Quran Orders Us to Stand against Infidels, Bullies of the World
- Six Percent Decrease in Number of House Deals
- 30% Hike in House Prices in Tehran
- MP: Iran to Pull Out of JCPOA If US Leaves It
- Dear Officials! The Country Cannot Increase Your Wages: Top Cleric
- Iran Top General: Enemies Well Understood Iran Won’t Change Its Strategy
- Ayatollah Javadi Amoli: You Cannot Expect Poor Nation to Show Resistance
- Imam Khomeini’s Grandson: City Council No Place for Political Moves
- US President’s Ridiculous Comments about Iranian People
- Iranians Don’t Chant ‘Death to America’ during My Term in Office: Trump
- Ansarullah: US Main Culprit behind Assassination of al-Samad