IFP has taken a look at the front pages of Iranian newspapers on Thursday, April 26, and picked headlines from 19 of them. IFP has simply translated the headlines and does not vouch for their accuracy.
The top story in all newspapers today was the talks between US President Donald Trump and his French counterpart Emmanuel Macron over a new deal on Iran, and Tehran’s harsh reactions to the idea.
Several papers also covered the remarks made by Ayatollah Seyyed Ali Khamenei, the Leader of Iran’s Islamic Revolution, on the need for seminaries to take philosophy more seriously.
Iranian President Hassan Rouhani’s visit to the city of Tabriz in north-western Iran, his surprise visit to the bazaar of shoemakers, and his participation in a ceremony to inaugurate the Tabriz 2018 tourism event also received great coverage. Tabriz 2018 is an event to mark the designation of Tabriz as the tourism capital of Muslim world in 2018.
The above issues, as well as many more, are highlighted in the following headlines and top stories:
- Zarif: We’ll Retaliate US Withdrawal from Iran Nuclear Deal
- Macron after Talks with Trump: We Can Achieve New Deal on Iran
- Shiite Movements’ Close Competition in Iraq’s Parliamentary Elections
- Philosophy Must Be Promoted in Seminaries of Qom, Tehran: Iran Leader
- Iran DM: We’ll Implement Our Plan If US Leaves JCPOA
- Tehran, Moscow against Messaging App
- Iran-Russia Cooperation to Block Telegram?
- Rouhani: JCPOA Can Be Preserved by Actions, Not Words
- Rouhani Officially Inaugurates Tabriz 2018 Tourism Event
- Politician: Rouhani’s Executives Not Loyal to His Gov’t
- Mysterious Player of the Middle East
- What Is Jordan Doing in Regional Developments?
- Bazaar of Shoemakers
- Rouhani Makes Surprise Visit to Bazaar of Tariz
- Shamkhani: Any Europe-US Agreement to Revise Iran Nuclear Deal Invalid
- Trump: Persian Gulf Arabs Not to Survive without Us Even for One Week
- 12 American Scientists to Attend Tehran Continental Congress of Dermatology despite US Bans
- Rouhani: Shoes of Tabriz Must Be Turned into Global Brand
- Trump to Sheikhdoms: You’ll Collapse in One Week If You Don’t Pay Us
- Rouhani: We’re Ready to Protect Saudi Arabia If US Leaves Middle East
- Macron Made the Offer, Trump Showed Flexibility
- Europe, US after Other Deals with Iran Similar to JCPOA
- Rouhani: US Now in Position of Defendant
- Not a Single Word to Be Added to or Deleted from JCPOA
- Egyptian Researcher: Slaughter of Yemeni Muslims Intolerable
- Coup de Grace Delivered to Wishful Thinkers
- Macron: Iran Deal Can Be Preserved If Tehran Abandons Its Missiles
- Yemeni Revolutionaries: We’ll Take War Deep into Saudi Territory
- Saudi People Must Stay Away from State Buildings
- Nouri al-Maliki: Iran a Friend and Saudi Arabia a Foe of Iraq
- Iran’s Harsh Reaction to Europe’s New Game
- Russia, China Also Reject US-Europe Preliminary Agreement
- Iran Leader Urges Seminaries to Deal with Philosophy More Seriously
- Rouhani Calls for Constructive Engagement with World through Tourism
- Putin: Certain Countries Turned into Terrorists’ Puppet by Bypassing UNSC
- Larijani’s Top Aide: There’ll Be No Regional JCPOA
- Iran’s Response to Possible Talks on New Deal: First Implement What You Already Signed
- Rouhani to Trump: You’re Just a Real-Estate Mogul
- 12 Million People Have Installed Domestic Messenger Apps
- Europe Bends on Its Knees
- French President Accepts Trump’s Conditions for Staying in Iran Deal