The speaker of Iran’s parliament said the US has failed to cut down to zero Iran’s oil trade, in a clear defeat for Donald Trump administration in its maximum pressure campaign against Tehran.
The second session of a court for Marzieh Hashemi will be held in Washington on Wednesday, announced Iran’s Press TV, for whom the US-born anchorwoman and producer was working for.
Iran’s parliament speaker has criticised the US arrest of the Iran-based journalist Marzieh Hashemi, describing it as yet another proof that Washington does not hold real respect for human rights and sees it a tool for pressurising independent states.
An Islamic rights group has projected a placard on the BBC building in London, in a protest at the sudden arrest of Maezieh Hashemi, an anchor and journalist affiliated with Iran’s English-language news channel Press TV.
A former senior diplomat says he believes it’s time for high-level talks between Iran and the US on a bilateral deal, as President Donald Trump who faces numerous difficulties at home and in the Middle East would see such a deal a much-needed achievement in his presidential track record.
A senior Iranian lawmaker said the Iran-focused conference planned to be held in Poland next month will play into Iran’s hands, as this will be seen as another intervention in Iran’s affairs that further damages credibility of the US.
Iranian Foreign Ministry Spokesman Bahram Qassemi has denounced the recent anti-Iran and war-mongering remarks by the US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo during his visit to the UAE saying that Washington should take lessons from the defeat of its numerous war-mongering policies in the region over the past several decades.
Iranian first vice-president has slammed the US plan to hold an anti-Iran conference in Poland next month as another “desperate” move to pressure Tehran that will lead nowhere.
The governor of Iran’s Central Bank says the US’ plan to organize an anti-Iran conference in Warsaw signals Washington’s frustration with its previous anti-Iran plots.
The number of American citizens who visited Iran as tourists in the first eight months of the current Persian calendar year has increased significantly compared with the similar period last year, an official says.
A former French general believes the late December announcement by US President Donald Trump that he will withdraw forces from Syria and Afghanistan is just for domestic purposes, and is part of Trump’s game to push the Congress to obey its Mexico wall demand.
Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif has lashed out at an anti-Iran conference due to be held by the US in the Polish capital of Warsaw next month, describing it as a “desperate circus” that will disgrace the participants.
Iranian Foreign Ministry Spokesman Bahram Qassemi has rejected the “groundless” accusations and remarks made by US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo in the Egyptian capital of Cairo.
Leader of Islamic Revolution Ayatollah Seyyed Ali Khamenei says Iran will overcome the sanctions the US has reinstated following its withdrawal from the nuclear deal and achieve an “unprecedented” victory.
The Iranian Army’s Navy is to send its strongest warships to the Atlantic Ocean early spring, in its longest operation in the past decades which is estimated to last over five months.
Iranian Foreign Ministry Spokesman Bahram Qassemi has lashed out at US President Donald Trump for his recent visit to Iraq, describing it as an undiplomatic trip that disrespected Iraq’s national sovereignty.
US defence Secretary James Mattis finally announced his long-anticipated resignation to allow President Donald Trump to have a defence chief whose views are more aligned with the US president, he said in his resignation letter Thursday.
An advisor to Iranian President Hassan Rouhani says the new round of US sanctions on Iran can’t remain in place for the long run due to their unilateral nature.
An expert on US politics believes Washington is hell-bent on settling its Iran problem once and for all, launching a full-scale war against the country that targets Iran’s economy, among other sectors, to bring the country to its knees and cause a regime change.
Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif hits out at US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo for making another “mockery” of the UN Security Council (UNSC) by taking the podium there to brag about Washington’s violation of a resolution adopted by the same council on the 2015 Iran nuclear deal.
Iranian Foreign Ministry Spokesman Bahram Qassemi has dismissed a US official’s “pointless” talk of renegotiating the Iran nuclear deal, saying that Tehran will not test what has already been tested.