IFP has taken a look at the front pages of Iranian newspapers on Tuesday, April 24, and picked headlines from 19 of them. IFP has simply translated the headlines and does not vouch for their accuracy.
Almost all papers today covered the remarks made by Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif about Tehran’s reaction to Washington’s possible withdrawal from the Iran nuclear deal. Zarif, who is in New York on a six-day trip, stressed that Iran would not accept any changes to the JCPOA: either all or nothing.
Also a top story was the discovery of a mummified body in Shahr-e Rey, southern Tehran, which is said to be the body of Reza Shah Pahlavi, the former Shah of Iran.
The comments by renowned US filmmaker Oliver Stone, who is in Tehran to attend the International Fajr Film Festival, and the remarks made by Government Spokesman Mohammad-Baqer Nobakht and other officials about efforts underway to end the house arrest of Iranian opposition leaders also received great coverage.
The above issues, as well as many more, are highlighted in the following headlines and top stories:
- Zarif on JCPOA: Either All or Nothing
- Iran First VP: Entire Establishment United about New Forex Policy
- Zarif: Trump Administration Has Never Been in JCPOA
- Arab Coalition Once Again Accuses Iran of Supplying Missiles for Ansarullah
- Russia after Increased Trade with Iran
- Suggestions of Architect of Iran Sanctions for Macron
- Boycott Iran’s Central Bank to Save Iran Nuclear Deal!
- Ambiguous Fate of A Mummy
- Mummy Found in Southern Tehran May Belong to First Pahlavi King!
- Spokesman: I Wish People Could Witness Rouhani’s Efforts to End House Arrest of Opposition Leaders
- Zarif: Iran Nuclear Deal Only Option We Approve of
- Three to Four Thousand Drug Traffickers to Survive Death Penalty under New Law
- Europeans’ Hard Efforts to Preserve Iran Nuclear Deal
- Macron, Merkel to Visit Washington to Appease Trump
- Gov’t Spokesman: Using Foreign Messengers among People’s Rights
- Worrying Statistics for Illicit Drug Trafficking
- House Arrest of Opposition Leaders Will Hopefully Be Lifted: MP
- First VP: Water Shortage Main Problem in Iran
- Gov’t Spokesman: Iran Not Waiting for US Decision; It Has Made Its Plans
- Oliver Stone, Most Famous Guest of Fajr Festival, Calls Iranian Films ‘Boring’
- Oliver Stone in Keshavarz Blvd.
- Oscar-Winning American Filmmaker Took a Walk in Tehran Streets
- Saudis’ Blood Party in Yemeni Wedding Ceremony
- Gov’t Spokesman: Whoever Returning to Iran Not a Spy
- Zarif on Iran’s Options: Leaving JCPOA, NPT, Complaining to Nuclear Commission
- Zarif’s “All or Nothing” Condition for the “Almost Nothing”
(Conservative media often describe the Iran nuclear deal as an accord that brought ‘almost nothing’ for Iran, quoting words by Central Bank governor Valiollah Seif)
- After Rise in Divorce Rates, Now Number of Marriages Decreased
- Oliver Stone: I Can’t Understand How Boring Iranian Films Win Int’l Awards!
- Hollywood Has Deep Connection with White House
- Israel Not Sending Jet Fighters to Military Drills Abroad for Fear of Iran 2 Weeks after T-4 Attack
- Indian Ocean Naval Symposium Underway in Tehran with Commanders from 35 States in Attendance
- IONS 2018: Biggest Military Conference in Iran’s History Begins
- Iran: Increased Airstrikes on Civilian Areas in Yemen Show Aggressors’ Desperation
- Gov’t Spokesman: House Arrest of Opposition Leaders to Be Lifted Soon
- Contradictory Reports on Discovery of Reza Shah’s Mummified Body
- Preserving Iran Nuclear Deal to Make Europeans Happy
- Parliament Speaker’s Aide: No Military Solution to Yemen Crisis