IFP has taken a look at the front pages of Iranian newspapers on Monday and picked headlines from 12 of them. IFP has simply translated the headlines and does not vouch for their accuracy.
Germany’s Foreign Minister Heiko Maas’s visit to Tehran has grabbed the headlines of most of the Iranian dailies. Iran’s foreign minister has held talks with his visiting German counterpart in Tehran. On Monday, the two sides discussed regional and international issues during the meeting. Maas is also scheduled to meet Iranian President Hassan Rouhani. The visit is part of Europe’s effort to keep the 20-15 Iran nuclear deal alive.
Also a top story today was the Japanese prime minister’s visit to the Islamic Republic during the coming days. Many believe Abe is on a mission to mediate between Tehran and Washington. The US and Iran are locked in a bitter standoff after president Donald Trump withdrew from a landmark nuclear deal last year. Japanese officials say Abe will not present Tehran with a list of demands, or deliver a message from Washington, but instead wants to position the Eastern Asian country as a neutral intermediary.
The above issues, as well as many more, are highlighted in the following headlines and top stories:
- Europe Not in a Position to Criticise Iran: Zarif
- Iran Unveil Khordad 15 Air Defense System
- Trump in War with Iranian People: Zarif
- Paris, Washington Cooperating on Iran: French Informed Source
- Macron Changes His Words Based on Person He Meets: Larijani
- Iran Can Become World’s Top Power in 50 Years: Top Military Aide to Iranian Leader
- US strategy; “Increasing Sanctions”, “Repeating Negotiations Offer”: Mousavian
- German, Japanese Political Figure Travel to Iran to Reduce Tensions
- Abe’s Tough Mission in Iran
- Europe’s Task is to Normalise Economic Ties with Iran: Zarif
- Washington Envoy Says Israel Has Right to Annex Parts of West Bank
- Iran Leader Pardons 691 on Eid Occasion
- US Pressure on Iran Shows its Desperation
- German FM, INSTEX President Visit Iran
- Mr Macron! Take Care of Your Saturdays!: Larijani
- Not Only Don’t We Need US, but We Also Do Not Seek Ties with Them: Zarif
- Mid-East Stability Very Important: Japan Pm Before Visiting Iran
- Europeans Embarrassed by Shinzo Abe’s Visit to Tehran: LobeLog
- Countdown to Netanyahu’s End: Haaretz
- What Do We Expect from Germany When It Did Not Provide Gas for Zarif’s Plane?
- Iran Wins Fifth Victory Over Japan in Volleyball Nation’s League
- Germany to Keep JCPOA Alive: Zarif in Parliament
- Great Chance of Abe’s Visit to Tehran – Editorial