Iran Rejects Reports on FM Zarif’s Meeting with Tillerson

Iranian Foreign Ministry Spokesman Bahram Qassemi has dismissed the ‘biased’ reports that claimed Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif had been ordered to meet his US counterpart in his recent visit to New York.

“Dr Zarif basically had no plan to meet US Secretary of State Rex Tillerson,” Qassemi noted in a statement on Friday.

Back on Monday, Zarif told the Council on Foreign Relations in New York that although he had no contacts with Tillerson, there are possibilities of engagement between Washington and Tehran in regards to the nuclear agreement in the future.

“There are no communications between myself and Secretary Tillerson,” Zarif said, but at the same time noted that “it doesn’t mean that there can’t be possibilities for engagement with regard to nuclear deal — we have always been open.”

Subscribe
The IFP Editorial Staff is composed of dozens of skilled journalists, news-writers, and analysts whose works are edited and published by experienced editors specialized in Iran News. The editor of each IFP Service is responsible for the report published by the Iran Front Page (IFP) news website, and can be contacted through the ways mentioned in the "IFP Editorial Staff" section.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here