IFP has taken a look at the front pages of Iranian newspapers on Thursday, April 19, and picked headlines from 18 of them. IFP has simply translated the headlines and does not vouch for their accuracy.
The top story in all newspapers today was the remarks made by the Leader of Iran’s Islamic Revolution Ayatollah Seyyed Ali Khamenei in a meeting with a group of Intelligence Ministry officials.
The Leader’s praise of Afghan fighters killed in the fight against terrorists in Iraq and Syria also received coverage. The Leader had made the comments in a recent meeting with families of Afghan martyrs in the north-eastern Iranian city of Mashhad.
Several papers also highlighted Iranian President Hassan Rouhani’s comments about the country’s resolve to boost its defence power while trying to de-escalate tension in the region.
Also a top story was the migration of Iranian officials, including Ayatollah Khamenei, from Telegram to domestic messaging apps, which may signal the imminent blocking of Telegram.
The above issues, as well as many more, are highlighted in the following headlines and top stories:
- Iran Leader: We’re in the Middle of a Great Battlefield
- Rouhani: We’ll Keep Reinforcing Our Power While De-Escalating Tensions
- Euro Replaces US Dollar in Iran’s Int’l Transactions: Gov’t
- Hossein Mousavian’s Advice for North Korea on Talks with US
- Mike Pompeo’s Secret Meeting with N. Korean Leader
- Rouhani: No Army General Involved in Corruption Cases
- Iran Leader: Corruption, Aristocracy Must Be Strongly Dealt with
- Rouhani: Iran’s Approach in Region Based on Good Neighbourliness
- Our Weapons Not for Use against Neighbours
- Iran Leader: Intelligence Ministry Must Remain Totally Revolutionary
- Iran Leader: Major Sources of Corruption Must Be Confronted
- Patriot Missile System in UAE Destroyed in Yemeni Drone Attack
- Iran Leader: Enemies Trying to Chance People’s Beliefs
- Rouhani: Deterrent Power, De-Escalation, Good Neighbourliness Pillars of Iran Diplomacy
- Iran Leader: Intelligence Ministry Must Remain Revolutionary
- Great Migration of Gov’t Officials from Telegram
- Gov’t Bans Public, State Bodies’ Use of Telegram
- Rouhani: Gov’t along with IRGC, Army to Develop Any Weapon It Needs
- Iran Leader: Any Partisan Support at Intelligence Ministry Prohibited
- Afghan Politician: Withdrawal from Afghanistan Biggest Service US Gave Afghanistan
- Iranian Embassies Worldwide Ready to Help Iran’s Tourism: Official
- Iran Leader: Dealing with Issue of Infiltration Seriously Key to Fighting Enemy
- Ayatollah Khamenei Praises Hazara Afghans
- Rouhani: We’ll Produce Whatever Weapons We Need for Defence
- Last Act of Telegram’s Filtering: Is the End Close?
- Mohsen Hashemi Rafsanjani Best Option for Mayor of Tehran: Experts
- Farewell to American Banknote: Euro Replaces US Dollar in Iran
- Iran Unveils Kamin-II Missile System on National Army Day
- Iran Leader Once Again Warns about Serious Issue of Infiltration