The mosque was built in 1285 AH in Feizabad neighbourhood, on the western side of the Zargaran (goldsmiths) market by Emam Gholi Mirza Emad-ed-Dowleh, the governor of the Western frontiers.

The main entrance of the mosque is through the eastern porch, which is linked to the Zargaran market by a large wooden door.

According to some accounts, this wooden door was moved from the holy shrine of Imam Ali (AS) in Najaf, and thus has been known as the relic of the king of Najaf (Imam Ali).

Here are Tasnim News Agency’s photos of this historical mosque:

Avatar of IFP Editorial Staff
The IFP Editorial Staff is composed of dozens of skilled journalists, news-writers, and analysts whose works are edited and published by experienced editors specialized in Iran News. The editor of each IFP Service is responsible for the report published by the Iran Front Page (IFP) news website, and can be contacted through the ways mentioned in the "IFP Editorial Staff" section.