Iran’s foreign ministry dismisses reports that Tehran and P5+1 have reached a deal on centrifugal connections.
Iran and P5+1 have yet to reach an agreement on the connections linking the country’s uranium enrichment centrifuges, the Iranian Foreign Ministry spokeswoman said.
Marzieh Afkham said on Tuesday, “In the course of technical and expert [nuclear] talks, different plans and initiatives have been put on the table and reviewed by [negotiating] delegations.”
She also stressed that the two sides have not agreed upon any plan on the centrifugal connections so far.
The spokeswoman’s comments came in reaction to a recent report by the Associated Press claiming that Iran and P5+1 – the US, Russia, China, France, Britain and Germany – are looking into a new proposal that “would leave much of Iranian enriching machines in place but disconnected from feeds of uranium” under a final nuclear deal.
The proposal is now one of the subjects being discussed in the new round of nuclear negotiations underway in New York since Friday.
Tehran has repeatedly stated that it would not retreat from its right to uranium enrichment.