World

President Sisi says Egypt loses $800 million monthly in Suez Canal revenue amid regional turmoil

Egyptian President Abdel Fattah al-Sisi has stated that regional instability costs the country roughly $800 million monthly in Suez Canal revenue, though he noted the African nation’s economy shows signs of improvement.

Russian energy giant Gazprom suffered $13.1 billion loss last year: Report

The loss of a key European market has dealt a severe financial blow to Russian energy giant Gazprom, resulting in net losses of 1.076 trillion rubles ($13.1 billion) in 2024, the Moscow Times has reported.

Syria, Lebanon agree to ceasefire after cross-border attacks kill 10, injure dozens

The defense ministers of Syria and Lebanon have agreed to a ceasefire, Syria’s state-run SANA news agency reported, after cross-border attacks left 10 dead and more than 50 wounded.

EU, others pledge over $6bn to Syria in post al-Assad donor drive

The European Union has hosted a donor drive for Syria to encourage a peaceful transition following the fall of former leader Bashar al-Assad.

At least 3 killed in Israeli air attack on Syria’s Deraa

At least three people were killed and nearly 20 others wounded after an Israeli air strike on the outskirts of the southern Syrian province of Deraa, the Syrian state news agency, SANA, has reported.

UK, EU to discuss confiscating Russian assets ahead of Ukraine peace negotiations: Bloomberg

The U.K. and the European Union will discuss confiscating Russian assets to ramp up economic pressure on Moscow ahead of possible peace talks on Ukraine, Bloomberg has reported, citing unnamed sources.

Over 400, including children, killed as Israel ends Gaza ceasefire

Israel unleashed a ferocious wave of attacks on the Gaza Strip in the early hours of Tuesday, killing more than 400 Palestinians, in a unilateral end of its ceasefire accord with Hamas.

Lebanese army, Syrian troops clash on northeastern border

The Lebanese army has engaged in clashes with Syrian forces on Lebanon’s eastern border with Syria, in the latest round of fighting.

Trump threatens to hold Iran ‘responsible’ for Yemen’s Houthi attacks

United States President Donald Trump has threatened to hold Iran responsible for any attacks carried out by the Houthi fighters in Yemen, in an escalation of his pressure campaign against Tehran.

UN Envoy warns about dire consequences of US hostile actions against Iran

Following the recent threats from US officials against Iran, the ambassador and permanent representative of the Islamic Republic to the UN warned that any aggressive actions would have dire consequences, for which Washington would bear full responsibility.

Yemen’s Houthis and US launch new attacks amid tensions

Houthi fighters have claimed another attack on a United States naval vessel, calling it “retaliation” for Washington's strikes on Yemen.

Houthis claim retaliation, US attacks on Yemen continue

Yemen’s Houthis say they have retaliated after vowing to “meet escalation with escalation” following the United States air attacks against the armed group that killed at least 53 people in recent days.

Trump says he will speak with Putin on Ukraine war

U.S. President Donald Trump has stated he plans to speak to Russian President Vladimir Putin on Tuesday and discuss ending the war in Ukraine.

UK proposes Western peacekeeping mission of 10,000 forces in Ukraine

British Prime Minister Keir Starmer has presented plans to send 10,000 peacekeeping troops to Ukraine at a high-level virtual summit in London.

Trump, Putin may agree on Ukraine ceasefire soon: US envoy

The presidents of the US and Russia might have a call this week to agree on a ceasefire in the Ukraine conflict, Steve Witkoff, US President Donald Trump’s special envoy, has stated.

US says Ukraine will have to make territorial concessions

Ukraine should be prepared to give up certain territories as part of any future peace negotiations with Russia, US National Security Adviser Mike Waltz has stated.

Netanyahu seeking to dismiss head of Shin Bet over lack of ‘trust’

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu will bring a vote to the government to dismiss the director of the Shin Bet domestic security service.

Death toll from US attacks on Yemen rises to 53: Houthis

Yemen’s Houthi group has announced that US air attacks on the country have killed 53 people and injured 98.

Yemen’s Houthi leader warns of escalation, expands naval blockade against US

Yemen’s Houthi leader Abdul-Malik al-Houthi has declared that his forces will escalate attacks in response to US military aggressions, warning that drones and missiles will continue to target American warships, aircraft carriers and naval vessels.

West can dispatch troops to Ukraine without Russia’s permission: France

Kyiv does not need Russia's permission to invite peacekeeping troops to its territory, French President Emmanuel Macron said in an interview with French regional newspaper Le Parisien.

Omani top diplomat: Talks with Iran FM Araghchi ‘productive’

Oman's Foreign Minister announced that he had a productive meeting with his Iranian counterpart, Seyed Abbas Araghchi in Muscat.

‘Putin lying to everyone’: Zelensky calls for ‘strong pressure’ on Russia

Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky has urged an international coalition to intensify pressure on Moscow and meet with skepticism any claims from Russian President Vladimir Putin about the situation on the battlefield.

Israel kills over 150 Palestinians in Gaza since ceasefire: Report

More than 150 Palestinians have been killed by Israel since the ceasefire accord took effect on Jan. 19, 2025, including 40 in the past two weeks, the Gaza Media Office has announced.

American protesters demand release of Palestinian activist Mahmoud Khalil

Demonstrators gathered Saturday outside US Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) headquarters in Washington, DC to demand the release of Palestinian activist Mahmoud Khalil -- a green card holder and recent Columbia University graduate who helped organize campus protests last year.

Italy says does not plan to send peacekeepers to Ukraine

Rome does not plan to participate in a peacekeeping force on the ground in eastern Ukraine to guarantee a potential ceasefire, Italian Prime Minister Giorgia Meloni's office has announced.

Latest news