The Pourashraf Castle is one of Iran’s most fabulous historical monuments. It is located in Sheikh-Makan village some 6 kilometres southeast of the town of Dareshahr in Ilam province.
The castle was built upon the order of Mir Seyyed Mohammad Khan Pourashraf back in 1917. The materials used in the construction of the mansion mostly include pieces of rock, and sometimes bricks for decoration.
The three-storey castle has five towers and 30 rooms. It was used as residential-military complex, and is one of a kind in its own right.
What follows are IRNA’s photos of the castle: