Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has sought to dampen calls for a ceasefire, saying captives held in the Gaza Strip by Hamas fighters would need to be released first. Hamas says Israel's new strikes on Gaza obstructed the release of a dozen of captives.
US President Joe Biden has reportedly called on Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu to pause attacks against the besieged Gaza Strip for three days, saying such a halt to the fighting could enable negotiators to secure the release of more hostages.
Qassam Brigades, the armed wing of Palestinian group Hamas has announced it is “ready to release” 12 captives taken into Gaza but “the situation on the ground” – Israeli air and land invasion – “is what hinders this from being completed”
Palestinian group, Hamas, which runs the Gaza Strip, has announced the start of military the operation Al-Aqsa Flood against Israel. Thousands of rockets have been fired from the blockaded enclave towards the occupied territories as far away as Tel Aviv, killing over 1,400 Israelis, including both military and settlers. More than 10,000 Palestinians have been so far killed in an exchange of fire between the two sides.
The Palestinian resistance movement Hamas has warned that Israel's decision to cut off water supplies to areas located to the north of the Gaza Strip is meant to force people out of their homes and is tantamount to collective punishment of people living in the blockaded territory.
Ankara has told Washington that its stance on the Israel-Hamas conflict has both tarnished its reputation and put the entire world community in a tough spot, Turkish Daily Hurriyet reported on Tuesday.
The suggestion by Israel's heritage minister of a nuclear strike on the Gaza Strip has raised numerous questions, including whether Israel possesses nuclear weapons, Russian Foreign Ministry Spokesperson Maria Zakharova has stated.
In a private session Monday, the United Nations Security Council failed to reach a consensus on a draft resolution aimed at halting the ongoing conflict in the besieged Gaza Strip.
The Iranian president’s wife, Jamileh Alamolhoda has written a letter to French First Lady Brigitte Marie-Claude Macron to ask the French president to stop his complicity in the Gaza war and take an immediate measure to stop the bloodshed in the blockaded territory.
Lower- and mid-level diplomats at the US State Department have called on the administration of President Joe Biden to condemn Israel’s bombing of civilians and demand a ceasefire in the Gaza Strip, according to a leaked memo seen by Politico. US Secretary of State Antony Blinken has clearly objected to a humanitarian ceasefire in Gaza.
United Nations chief Antonio Guterres has strengthened his calls for a ceasefire in the Gaza Strip as Palestinian authorities reported that more than 10,000 people have been killed in Israeli air strikes on the besieged enclave. He says the enclave is becoming a "graveyard for children".
Iranian President Ebrahim Raisi says the Islamic Republic backs any joint global effort seeking to establish an immediate ceasefire in Gaza as Israel continues its brutal attacks on the besieged territory.
American forces in Iraq and Syria have been attacked 38 times with rockets and drones since mid-October, injuring dozens of US personnel, the Pentagon has confirmed.
More than 60% of Gaza’s hospitals and medical centers are now out of service, according to a statement from the Palestinian Authority Minister of Health Mai al-Kaila.
Palestinian group, Hamas, which runs the Gaza Strip, has announced the start of military the operation Al-Aqsa Flood against Israel. Thousands of rockets have been fired from the blockaded enclave towards the occupied territories as far away as Tel Aviv, killing over 1,400 Israelis, including both military and settlers. More than 10,000 Palestinians have been so far killed in an exchange of fire between the two sides.
Palestinian Prime Minister Mohammad Shtayyeh has called on the International Criminal Court (ICC) to issue arrest warrants for Israeli officials over the ongoing conflict in the Gaza Strip which has so far killed over 10,000 people mainly children and women.
Iran’s Foreign Minister Hossein Amirabdollahian and his Saudi counterpart Prince Faisal bin Farhan have called for an emergency summit meeting of the Organization of Islamic Cooperation (OIC) to discuss the ongoing developments in the Gaza Strip which is under Israeli bombardment for a month.
Spokesperson for the Iranian Foreign Ministry Nasser Kanaani lashed out at an Israeli minister for his comments on the possibility of dropping an atomic bomb on Gaza, saying such a threat weakens the Treaty on the Prohibition of Nuclear Weapons (TPNW).
Russia's foreign minister has asserted that Western states are actively steering Middle Eastern countries toward a potential large-scale conflict. Sergei Lavrov pointed out that historically, such "Anglo-Saxon strategies" have precipitated waves of terrorism and forced the migration of countless refugees.
Lebanese group Hezbollah announced on Monday that one of its fighters lost his life during clashes with the Israeli army on the southern border of Lebanon.
Leader of Iran’s Islamic Revolution says Muslim nations should increase the political pressure on Israel and its main supporter, the United States, to stop the killing of the Palestinian people in the Gaza Strip.
The Iranian president says the United States’ claims that it is pushing efforts to bring about a badly needed ceasefire in the Gaza Strip to stop a weeks-long killing rampage by the Israeli regime are ‘sheer lies’.
Iranian President Ebrahim Raisi, in a phone call with the Pope, has strongly condemned the massacre of Palestinian women and children by the Israeli regime in its onslaught on the besieged Gaza Strip, describing it as “the biggest genocide of the century".