Latest Politics News in Iran – News and views from the world of politics in Iran and the region, including government, Parliament, foreign affairs, defence and more.
Two local forces of the Islamic Revolution Guards Corps have been killed in an exchange of fire with a team of terrorists in Iran’s northwestern province of West Azarbaijan.
Ayatollah Seyyed Ali Khamenei, the Leader of Iran’s Islamic Revolution, has appointed the new Deputy Chief of Staff of the Iranian Armed Forces as well as the new commander of the IRGC’s Basij Organization.
Iran's Judiciary spokesman says a number of spies trained by the US' Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) working at sensitive Iranian military centres have been arrested, and may receive death penalties for espionage.
Secretary of Iran’s Supreme National Security Council has condemned a deadly terrorist bomb attack that hit Kabul on Monday, voicing the Islamic Republic’s readiness to help Afghanistan restore security and stability.
Iran’s ambassador to Vienna-based international organizations has reminded the Europeans of their responsibility to salvage the 2015 Iran nuclear deal with practical measures, hours after an official announcement that Iran’s enriched uranium stockpile has passed the 300 kg limit.
Iran’s Foreign Ministry Spokesman says the way that the European financial mechanism, INSTEX, is currently being implemented is not what Iran has been asking for.
Iran's enriched uranium stockpiles have surpassed the 300kg limit set by the 2015 nuclear deal between Tehran and world powers, Iran's foreign minister confirmed on Monday.
Iran says the special payment mechanism introduced by Europe to bypass the US sanctions on Iran, known as INSTEX, shows even Washington’s closest allies are distancing themselves from the US.
Iranian conservative daily Kayhan has warned the administration of Hassan Rouhani against accepting the INSTEX, a special trade mechanism proposed by Europe, saying that Tehran must not be deceived by the “void” package once more.
Iranian Foreign Ministry Spokesman Seyyed Abbas Mousavi has condemned a Friday suicide terrorist attack in the Philippines’ south, which killed and wounded several people.
Iran's ambassador to the UN has suggested that Tehran-Washington talks would not be possible unless President Donald Trump reverses his decision to pull the US out of the 2015 nuclear deal.
Iran’s Foreign Ministry spokesman has dismissed the US call on Tehran to engage in diplomacy, saying the concept of diplomacy for the US government is defined as sanction and economic terrorism.
Dissatisfied with the outcome of the most recent session of the 2015 nuclear deal’s joint commission in Vienna, Iran will definitely keep halting certain commitments under the agreement, a source has said.
Commander of the Iranian Army has dismissed the possibility of the outbreak of a war, noting, however, that the Islamic Republic maintains a constant level of preparedness fit for the “night of attack”.
An Iranian lawmaker says the INSTEX, the European financial mechanism aimed at keeping economic ties with Iran normal amid the US sanctions, does not meet Iran’s interests as it is being implemented too late.
Iran says some progress had been made at a meeting with world powers on the 2015 nuclear accord, but that is “still not enough” to keep the landmark 2015 deal alive.
Iranian Foreign Ministry Spokesman Seyyed Abbas Mousavi has condemned two terrorist attacks on the capital of the friendly and brotherly country of Tunisia.
Iranian Foreign Ministry Spokesman Seyyed Abbas Mousavi says as in previous cases, the new US sanctions on Iran have no legal basis and have been imposed out of desperateness.
A large number of people attended a funeral processions in Tehran on Thursday for 150 Iranian martyrs whose remains have been recently unearthed more than three decades after the end of the Iraqi imposed war in the 1980s.
Iran’s Deputy Foreign Minister for Political Affairs Abbas Araqchi says the Islamic Republic has run out of its strategic patience as the remaining parties to the Iran nuclear deal are reluctant to fulfil their commitments under the nuclear accord.
Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif has written a harsh letter to EU Foreign Policy Chief Federica Mogherini to underline the Islamic Republic’s right to reduce its commitments under the 2015 nuclear deal with world powers.
Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif has downplayed US President Donald Trump's recent anti-Iran threats on Twitter, saying that the United States "is not in a position to obliterate Iran."
Iranian Foreign Ministry Spokesman Seyyed Abbas Mousavi has congratulated the nation and government of Mauritania on the successful holding of their presidential election, hoping for closer ties with the African nation under its new leader.