Getting involved in a car accident can be terrible, as serious injuries can be sustained, and at most deaths. For individuals who survive car accidents, it can be time-consuming, expensive, and grave. You need to know when to hire a car accident lawyer and when not to.
Several times, most victims do not get the needed compensation they deserve as the insurance companies involved avoid settling their injury claims. In this article, we will discuss situations where you need an accident lawyer and where you don’t.
Accidents That Don’t Require a Lawyer
There are situations whereby the settlement of a car accident is of a very small amount; hence, a lawyer may not be of help to the victim. The following scenarios do not require you seeing a car accident lawyer:
● You may not require the help of an accident lawyer if the injury sustained is minor. This could be a mild whiplash.
● There will be no need to contact an accident lawyer if the injury does not need expensive medical examinations or a specialist doctor.
● In a situation whereby you have fully recovered from the injury sustained.
Having a car accident lawyer may help you get injury claims, but the amount received may not be too different from that you will get on your own to cover the medical expenses; hence, it may not be worth your time. However, even though the injury is minor, you may need to get a free opinion from a car accident attorney before making a decision.
Accidents That Require Intervention of a Lawyer
Unlike the scenarios stated above, there are situations where you really need the assistance of a car accident attorney. These situations and also the help of a car accident lawyer will help you get a better settlement. Whereby the insurance company refuses to pay you for claims, a lawsuit can be filed against such a company. The following are cases where a lawyer can be contacted:
● You need a lawyer if the injury sustained in an accident is severe. This type of injury requires more money to treat; hence the claims will be significant. Some insurance company may have issues setting the accident victim due to the amount involved, forcing such an individual to settle for less. The injury sustained may not need surgery or operation to be considered as being serious.
Serious injuries can be in the form of a broken bone and other injuries that cause pain and require long-term treatment.
● Another situation where you will need the help of a lawyer is if you are not certain how severe your injury is. This can occur when you feel pains for a very long time and the treatments received are ineffective. You may end up questioning your state of improvement and at that point need to contact a car accident lawyer. With the help of the lawyer, a medical specialist can be contacted to examine your health status. That will help determine how grave the injury is, after which, the insurance company will be contacted to settle your financial claims.
Other situations include:
● If you are not able to personally meet up with the medical expenses.
● Whereby your work life is being affected.
● If the insurance company representing the other party puts the blame on you.
● In the event where the company underrates the gravity of your injury.
With these points discussed, you can find out where you stand in getting a car accident attorney. If you would like to get in touch with a lawyer that will help you claim your accident injuries, please visit this link: auto accident attorneys in San Diego.