The police chief of Sistan-and-Baluchestan province, Brigadier General Mohammad Qanbari, said Wednesday the terrorist cell was disbanded in Saravan region.
He said that the clash between security forces and terrorists took place near the border region of Saravan.
“During this operation, significant amounts of light and heavy weapons, several booby traps and suicide vests, and significant amounts of ammunition were confiscated from terrorists,” he added.
He said that the bomber of the terrorist group was killed in the conflict, but police forces suffered no casualty.
Qanbari said that the police force would firmly confront any terrorist group seeking to endanger the security and peace of the country, and would not allow them to go ahead with their plans.
Over the past years, Iranian security forces and border guards have engaged in clashes with terror groups, many of whom cross border from Pakistan into the country to carry out attacks.
Last month, Iranian security forces discovered and captured a large cache of explosives in Sistan-and-Baluchestan province.
The Iranian Intelligence Ministry said in a statement on April 16 that security forces confiscated the consignment due to be smuggled into the country.
The forces thwarted terrorist groups’ plots to transfer 80 kilograms of composite explosives, 17 booby traps, 28 pistols with 2,100 bullets, 35 hand grenades, tens of electronic detonators and other explosive equipment through technical and intelligence operations, the statement added.
It noted that 580 kilograms of narcotics were also seized from the terrorists.