Definitely, Iran will not give any international authority access to its military and security secrets, said Brigadier General Hossein Dehghan.
Iranian Defense Minister Brigadier General Hossein Dehghan reiterated Tehran’s red line on any access to military sites under the pretext of nuclear inspection, saying that the Islamic Republic will not give any international authority access to its military secrets.
“The (nuclear) agreement was the outcome of the Iranian nation’s resistance and bravery, the judicious guidelines of Supreme Leader of the Islamic Revolution (Ayatollah Seyyed Ali Khamenei) and the wisdom and strength of the nuclear negotiating team,” General Dehghan said in a speech on Monday.
“Definitely, we will not give any (international) authority access to our military and security secrets,” he underscored.
He made the remarks in reference to last week’s conclusion of nuclear talks between Iran and P5+1 (Russia, China, the US, Britain, France and Germany).
The minister added that the implementation of the agreement requires the six states’ compliance with the red lines of the Islamic Republic and efforts to gain the Iranian nations’ confidence.
Back on April 9, Ayatollah Khamenei categorically rejected foreign access to the country’s “security and defensive” sectors under the pretext of nuclear monitoring.
Iran and P5+1 concluded more than two weeks of intensive talks over Tehran’s nuclear program in Vienna on July 14.
The negotiating parties reached a conclusion over the text of a comprehensive 159-page deal on the nuclear issue after 22 months of talks.