We can face a range of challenges while searching for a job, but according to various polls, most of the employees claim that the hardest task is creating a resume.
It takes time and effort; a proper resume shows not only your working experience and potential but also your ability to work with data and to present it.
Facing the truth, we can be good accountants, IT specialists, dancers, or doctors, but not be capable of good writing. But is it the reason to decrease your chances to walk up the career ladder? – NO, definitely not. Today, there are multiple websites ready to help you to compile the resume for you, so you can have a higher chance to perform.
The scheme works pretty simply: you search for a trustful website with professional writers working on it, sign up, provide info on your previous experience, pay, and receive a complete CV to get that job.
This article will be helpful for those who are freshmen in the world of professional resume writers hiring and still asking questions like: “is papersowl.com safe enough to trust them?»
So here it is, the list of important things to know before hiring a professional resume writer:
– Certificate or experience?
Before choosing the person to write a CV for you, it is important to learn as much as possible about his/her skills. Should your writer necessarily have a certificate? – this question is always a tricky one and may even not have a particular answer. Let’s say so: it can be an advantage, although it is not crucial. Still, here is the list of the most common writing certificates:
- Certified Professional Resume Writer (CPRW) – an easy one to get. Yet the passing criteria for the CPRW has risen in recent years.
- Academy Certified Resume Writer (ACRW) – this certification requires a sizable financial investment. Professional writers who invest in this certification could be diehard resume writers.
- Nationally Certified Resume Writer (NCRW) – cost-effective certification for National Resume Writers’ Association (NRWA) members. The NCRW certificationrequires continuing education credits (CEUs) to keep the certification.
When we talk about experience, the answer is more or less clear – YES, it is important for your CV writer to have writing experience. First, it will give you an opportunity to check the style, second – the quality.
– Experience in your career field?
It can be a nice bonus, although it is should not be required. Remember that the person you trust to write your CV is a professional writer, not the manager, artist, or game developer. So his/her job is to discover the topic and write a required material.
– What to ask before hiring?
Entrusting your resume writing to a professional writer means, first of all, personal communication. With your first message, you have to explain your goal, task, deadline, etc. What is more, you have to feel free to ask work-related questions. Here is a list of questions we recommend you to ask to understand your writer and his/her proficiency better:
– How long is your working background?
– do you have experience in writing resumes in this industry?
– are you a part of some professional resume writing associations?
– can I read any feedbacks for your work from clients?
– can you offer other writing services after you’re done with my resume? For example, online profile writing?
– how long does it take to write a CV?
– How much should you pay to receive a good resume?
Well, time is money, so consequently – the more you invest, the more properly your topic is analyzed and more efforts involved. However, to give your general understanding of pricing on this market – the range from 100$ to 800$ is completely appropriate for professional writing of your CV.
We have already discussed the time limits above: it depends on the price and the writer`s experience. Unfortunately, there is no exact answer: it can be 3 days, 2 weeks or even more; it depends on the situation and approach.
– Sample reviews
Sample reviews are an easy way to check whether the writer`s work is satisfying for you. By checking the works that have been already done for someone, you can understand whether the style and information suit you. What is more, you can check whether the format is matching all the needed points of a good resume. So, sample reviews are one of the most important points you should check before hiring a professional CV writer.
To sum up, it is completely normal to hire someone to help with one of the most challenging parts of job seeking. Hopefully, this article will be useful for your future career building. And remember to be demanding and attentive while choosing the writer.
And good luck with your hiring!