Two Killed in Suicide Attack on Police HQ in Iran’s Chabahar

A photo of the car bomb blast in Chabahar, south-east of Iran, on Thursday, December 6, 2018 / Photo by Tasnim

A car bomb explosion in front of a police headquarters in the port city of Chabahar in southeast of Iran has killed a conscript and an officer, and wounded several others.

The suicide attack, which took place on Thursday morning near one of the police headquarters of Chabahar, has so far killed police officer Dariush Ranjbar and conscript Nasser Darzadeh, a deputy governor-general of Sistan and Baluchestan province said.

At least 40 others including eight woman and five child have also been wounded as a result of what IRGC Ground Force Commander Brigadier General Mohammad Pakpour describes as a “blind” terrorist attack.

One of those wounded in the incident is in critical conditions, according to local officials.

The suicide attacker has been killed in the car bomb, officials said.

The Ansar al-Furqan terrorist group has officially claimed responsibility for the attack.

Iran, in cooperation with India, has in recent years been developing the port city of Chabahar in order to turn it into a regional hub of trade. The city is particularly important for facilitating trade between India and Afghanistan.

   
   

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

two × 2 =

*