Iranian Foreign Ministry Spokesman Bahram Qassemi has strongly denounced the recent Israeli airstrikes on the headquarters of Al-Aqsa TV station in central Gaza.
The bloodthirsty Zionist regime’s opposition to the enlightening mission of media outlets is rooted in journalists’ disclosure of Tel Aviv’s heinous crimes over the past 70 years, Qassemi said in a Tuesday statement.
The informative role played by media has always been a nightmare to the occupying regime, which so blatantly commits such a horrible crime in Gaza, he added.
The headquarters of Al-Aqsa TV station run by the Palestinian resistance movement Hamas was razed to the ground on Monday in Israeli airstrikes on Gaza amid a fresh round of violence in the besieged enclave, which the world blames on the Israeli forces.
The building of Al-Aqsa TV station located in an-Nasr district, west of Gaza, was totally destroyed by the Israeli raids, footage of the attack shows.
Many local residents had reportedly fled after calls to evacuate, witnesses said. The TV station said it would resume broadcasts soon.
The raid was part of the fresh airstrikes and rocket attacks by Israeli warplanes and artillery which are targeting areas “throughout” the Gaza Strip and have so far killed several people, including a Hamas commander.
The Palestinian Ministry of Health puts the number at 10, within around 24 hours, according to media reports.