Spokesperson for the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Islamic Republic of Iran Saeed Khatibzadeh has dismissed the notion raised by some foreign media that a request from Washington has reinstated the UN sanctions against Tehran, saying the US will never achieve its illegitimate objective.
Iran’s Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif has, in a letter to the chairman of the UN Security Council, blasted the US' attempt to return the UNSC sanctions on Iran, reiterating that the US has no right to reapply provisions of a deal it has already left.
The Iranian president says the United States is not legally authorized to trigger the so-called “snapback” mechanism to reinstate UN sanctions against Iran.
The spokesperson for the Iranian government says a seven-way online summit of the UN Security Council permanent members, Germany and Iran, proposed by the president of Russia, is unlikely to produce results as the US government lacks any sincere intention.
The Iranian foreign minister says the era of the US acting as a superpower is gone as indicated by its failure to mobilize UN Security Council members to approve its anti-Iran resolution.
Iranian Foreign Ministry Spokesman Saeed Khatibzadeh has dismissed as sheer lie the claim made by certain American media that other countries have paid bounties to Taliban for killing US troops in Afghanistan.
An advisor to Iranian President Hassan Rouhani says he did whatever he could to preserve the Iran nuclear deal, and was even ready to meet his American counterpart if Trump was seriously after a deal.
Spokesperson for the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Islamic Republic of Iran Saeed Khatibzadeh has dismissed the baseless allegations made by the US secretary of state that Iran is arming the Taliban in Afghanistan.
The Iranian foreign minister has dismissed as “illegal” the United States’ bid to trigger the so-called snapback mechanism, stipulated in the 2015 nuclear deal between Tehran and world powers, in order to restore the UN sanctions on Iran.
A senior Iranian official says the UN Security Council’s refusal to adopt a US-drafted proposal to extend a UN arms embargo on Iran was another sign of international opposition to Washington’s unilateralism.
Iran has hailed the UN Security Council's rejection of unilateralism following the US failure to get the world body to extend a UN arms embargo on Iran.
Spokesperson for the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Islamic Republic of Iran has dismissed reports that part of the foreign sanctions against Iran have been lifted temporarily.
Iran’s government spokesman says the country will react to any US attempt to extend an arms embargo on the Islamic Republic that expires on October 18, 2020.
A senior political expert says Brian Hook stepped down as the US special Iran envoy because his efforts against Tehran failed to produce any tangible results.
A senior Iranian official has called on members of the UN Security Council to show their independence by voting against a US-drafted resolution on the extension of a UN arms embargo against Iran, which is to expire in October.
Iran’s ambassador to the United Nations has called on the United Nations to hold the US accountable for the interception of an Iranian passenger plane by two American fighter jets in the skies over Syria last month, which it called an “unlawful” and an “act of adventure”.
Iran's Foreign Ministry spokesman has downplayed the surprise departure of US State Department's point man on Iran Brian Hook, saying there is no difference between him and his successor.
A political analyst says there is every chance of a civil strife and security crisis breaking out in the United States should the incumbent president fail to secure a re-election.