Sabereen News reported that several projectiles slammed into base at the US-occupied al-Omar oil field on Wednesday morning.
There were no immediate reports about possible casualties or the site where the projectiles had been fired from.
There has been a rise in such attacks on US-run bases in Syria’s oil-rich eastern regions in recent months.
Back on December 13 last year, local sources told Sputnik news agency that four successive explosions were heard after several rockets targeted the US military base at al-Omar oil field.
The US military has stationed forces and equipment in eastern and northeastern Syria, with the Pentagon claiming that the deployment is aimed at preventing the oil fields in the area from falling into the hands of Daesh terrorists.
Damascus, however, says the unlawful deployment is meant to plunder the country’s resources.
Former US President Donald Trump admitted on several occasions that American forces were in Syria for its oil.
After failing to oust the Syrian government with the help of its proxies and direct involvement in the conflict, the US government has now stepped up its economic war on the Arab country.