Stem cell therapy is a relatively new technique that has been applied in Germany for over 5 years. Over time, as more extensive clinical experience was gained, new requirements to the stem cell products were elaborated. Now, German clinics work according to the strict requirements of Pharmaceuticals and Active Agent Manufacturing Ordinance, Good Manufacturing Practice and Codes of Good Practice.
Stem cell therapy is a relatively new technique that has been applied in Germany for over 5 years. Over time, as more extensive clinical experience was gained, new requirements to the stem cell products were elaborated.
Now, German clinics work according to the strict requirements of Pharmaceuticals and Active Agent Manufacturing Ordinance, Good Manufacturing Practice and Codes of Good Practice. This ensures excellent quality of preparations and outstanding results in therapy of the diverse disorders.
Which stem cells may I receive?
Stem cells originate all the tissues in the human organism. Being universal and multipurpose at first, they can become any necessary tissue in the future. Depending on the harvesting procedure specifics and source of the material, doctors use the following preparations for the stem cell therapy:
- Human embryonic stem cells that are harvested from the unviable embryos. Due to the ethical aspect, they are applied only in the limited number of countries.
- Adipose derived stem cells that are harvested from adipose tissue of a patient. This is called the autologous procedure.
- Umbilical cord stems cells that are harvested from the umbilical cord blood. Such cells are primarily used for the treatment of red blood and immune system disorders.
Prior to the therapeutic procedure start, stem cells are processed and deprived from the stop-ed-meds.net. Such cells are accepted by the immune system of a patient regardless of their origin (donor or autologous cells).
How does this therapy work?
Depending on the diagnosis and therapy aims, the following treatment options are applied:
- Local injections – solution with the processed cells is injected into arteries that supply the target organ (e.g. optic nerve, muscles or heart).
- Systemic injections – the preparation is injected intravenously so that stem cells spread through the organism and target hemopoietic and immune systems.
- Injections into the spinal canal – spreading through the cerebrospinal fluid stem cells successfully reach spinal cord and brain.
Once the preparation reaches the target area, multipotent stem cells restore damaged part of the organ or system. Process of differentiation may be additionally stimulated by the low dose irradiation.
Stem cell treatment in Germany is applied for:
- Multiple sclerosis.
- Immunodeficiency states.
- Oncological diseases.
- Parkinson’s disease.
- Erectile dysfunction.
- Chronic pancreatitis and diabetes mellitus.
- Diabetic neuropathy.
- Diabetic retinopathy and optic nerve atrophy.
- Dilated and ischemic cardiomyopathy.
- Liver cirrhosis (fibrosis).
- Pulmonary fibrosis.
- Lyme disease.
In addition, the therapy has general non-specific action, i.e. alleviates pain and reduces inflammation, so it can be applied in other conditions as well.
Where can I receive stem cell therapy?
Searching information about the best hospitals for treatment in Germany, one should pay attention to both large university hospitals and smaller specialized clinics. While large healthcare institutions offer services of the multispecialty medical teams (e.g. neurologists collaborate with general practitioners, oncologists, etc.), specialized centers are often more expert in the treatment of certain pathology (e.g. immunodeficiencies or ophthalmological disorders).
For instance, impressive results in this field are demonstrated by Clinic of Advanced Biological Medicine Frankfurt am Main, Department of Alternative Medicine. Clinic offers targeted treatment and collaborates with necessary specialized departments of the University Hospital Frankfurt am Main.
How can I undergo therapy abroad?
Planning stem cell therapy in Germany may be challenging for foreign patients without relevant international experience. For such patients it will be more convenient to use services of Booking Health. Booking Health is the only medical tourism provider with international certification in this field. Booking Health specialists are ready to:
- Assist in the hospital selection and applying for treatment abroad.
- Prepare the preliminary stem cell treatment program in advance.
- Book the appointment on the convenient for you date.
- Provide favorable cost for medical services (saving up to 50% from prices for the foreigners).
- Monitor the ongoing medical program.
- Arrange control tests.
- Arrange further distant consultations with the doctor.
- Take care about visa, tickets, accommodation, interpreter, etc.
Should you leave the request on the Booking Health website, and a competent specialist will contact you the same day to discuss further steps.