Charité hospital Berlin was founded in 1710. The name was derived from King Frederick William and means “mercy”. Since then, the clinic has grown significantly and now it is the largest clinic in Germany.
Charité has the status of a University Hospital. Charité is the practical base for two medical universities, where students receive quality training. The clinic also pays a lot of attention to scientific activity.
In order to organize medical care in the most efficient way, the clinic is divided into 17 centers. The centers are also subdivided into many departments (about 100 departments in total).
Here are some of Charité’s centres:
- Dental and craniofacial medicine.
- Diagnosis and preventive medicine.
- Anesthesiology and intensive therapy.
- Surgery center.
- Traumatology and orthopedic surgery.
- Comprehensive cancer center.
- Center of cardiovascular diseases.
- Internal medicine and dermatology.
- Internal medicine, gastroenterology and nephrology.
- Neurology, neurosurgery and psychiatry.
- Ophthalmology and otolaryngology.
- Gynecology and pediatrics.
The university clinic has 3,500 beds. Charité hospital accepts more than 150,000 inpatients and 700,00 outpatients annually.
Treatment in Charité clinic
Charité clinic is the most reputable clinic in Germany. The best doctors who have achieved great success in their medical field are working here. They have extensive experience and knowledge in the treatment of various diseases, including severe and rare diseases. What treatments do patients most often ask for in the Charité clinic?
Treatment of oncological diseases
The treatment of oncological diseases is provided in Comprehensive cancer center. The center uses a multidisciplinary approach. This means that in each case an oncologist develops an individual treatment program together with doctors of different specialties.
The fight against cancer is carried out using modern methods of treatment:
- Tumor removal can be done using a robot-assisted surgical technology.
- Doctors use modern types of radiotherapy, such as 3D conformal radiation therapy, brachytherapy, and radioisotope treatment.
- Chemotherapy is effectively supplemented with targeted therapy. The patient has the opportunity to receive innovative drugs that have been created by researchers of the clinic.
Even patients with advanced cancer get a chance to improve overall health in Charité clinic Berlin.
Treatment of cardiovascular diseases
Charité hospital specializes in conservative and surgical therapies for various types of cardiovascular diseases. It is a modern cardiology center that is known throughout Europe.
Charité hospital performs such cardiovascular interventions:
- Coronary artery bypass grafting.
- Stent implantation.
- Heart valve reconstruction and replacement.
- Congenital heart defects surgery.
- Surgery of cardiac arrhythmias — implantation of pacemakers or defibrillators.
In most cases, Charité clinic performs minimally invasive surgeries. Thus, heart surgeons achieve excellent results with the most sparing treatment.
Treatment of neurological diseases
Doctors from Charité hospital perform treatment of a wide range of neurological diseases. Thanks to research activities and high qualifications of doctors, the clinic treats rare and complicated diseases.
Doctors from Charité clinic can also offer surgical treatment for such diseases:
- Cerebrovascular diseases.
- Brain tumors.
- Acute craniocerebral injuries.
- Spinal diseases.
The doctors perform neurosurgical treatment with use of intraoperative imaging system. It allows surgeons performing complicated operations on brain or spine with the best possible accuracy and efficiency.
Main advantages of treatment in Charité clinic
Charité clinic is recognized as one of the leading European medical facilities. Main advantages of treatment in the Charité clinic are:
- Treatment by the best specialists, including renowned professors and Nobel Prize winners.
- The clinic has modern equipment, which allows to improve traditional methods of treatment and achieve better results.
- The clinic is engaged in the advanced research. Thus, patients have access to innovative treatments.
- The clinic offers a high level of service. Patients receive quality medical services, polite communication, comfortable hospital rooms.
Foreign residents can also be treated in the Charité clinic. You can undergo treatment in this clinic with the help of medical travel service Booking Health. We will arrange your medical program as soon as possible. The company Booking Health will also help you to issue a visa, book airline tickets and arrange transfer to the hospital.