Iranian foreign ministry spokesman has strongly denounced the terrorist attacks in Barcelona, offering the country’s deep condolences to the Spanish nation and government and the families of the victims.
“Following the back-to-back defeats of extremist terrorists in the regional battles, these murderers have put the expansion of their blind terrorist operations across the world at the top of their agenda,” Foreign Ministry Spokesperson Bahram Qassemi said in a statement on Friday, adding that the killing of innocent and ordinary people is among their nasty goals.
The spokesperson further said the current unbridled terrorism has turned into a global problem and added, “Today, the ISIS’ blind terrorism has trespassed all geographical and ideological borders and all people across the world, from the Middle East to Africa and from the Far East to Europe, are prone to their inhumane and dirty attacks.”
Stressing that global problems have global solutions, Qassemi noted, “Today no country, even those which directly or indirectly support terrorists, is immune to the global threat and nasty plight of terrorism.”
“It seems it is the time for all peace-seeking countries as well as those countries which have put fighting terrorism high on their agenda to step into the fray with a deep belief and responsibility to establish a global alliance against violence, insecurity and terror.”
He went on saying that regardless of their differences, the countries must put their focus with honesty and determination on eradicating these nasty murderers who trade in death and hatred and pose the largest threat to the international security.
“In this holy war, the Islamic Republic of Iran is ready to cooperate with the international community against the terrorists,” he said, adding as one of the main victims of terrorism, Tehran has been fighting terrorism and extremism on the front line and paid a hefty price so far.