In a statement on Friday, Foreign Ministry Spokesman Bahram Qassemi offered his condolences to the Pakistani people and government and the bereaved families of victims of the “terrible crime”.
“The instrumental use of terror and intimidation for political purposes is the dirtiest method in the arena of politics,” the spokesman said.
Qassemi further highlighted the responsibilities of all countries and international organizations to combat terrorism and said it is necessity that an extensive and global campaign against terror, violence and extremism be launched and all pacifist nations join it.
On Thursday, a suicide attacker staged an explosion at the shrine of Hazrat Lal Shahbaz Qalandar in the Sindh’s city of Sehwan Sharif leaving at least 76 people killed and over 250 injured.
The Daesh terror group (also known as ISIL or ISIS) claimed responsibility for the attack.
Following the Thursday terror attack, Pakistan closed its border with Afghanistan over security concerns.
Earlier on Friday, Maj. Gen. Asif Ghafoor, spokesperson of Pakistan Armed Forces, said that officials from the Afghan embassy were given a list of 76 terrorists wanted by Islamabad.