The 32-year-old Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman is possibly going to make a media appearance soon to scotch rumours that he has been injured in an April 21 shooting incident in Riyadh, said the Saudi whistleblower Mujtahidd.
Mujtahidd, an anonymous Twitter user known for leaking information about the Saudi royal family, made the claim on Saturday, citing circles close to bin Salman as his source.
He said the photos published Wednesday purporting to show bin Salman in a Tuesday meeting with the council of ministers in Jeddah were old.
The photos were published by state-run outlet Saudi Press Agency, apparently in a bid to quash speculations about the whereabouts of the prince.
The media-savvy leader of the oil kingdom has been unnaturally quiet since the April 21 incident, when prolonged heavy gunfire was heard at the royal palace in Riyadh.
He has been absent from a number of state meetings and ceremonies held in recent weeks.
Bin Salman’s month-long disappearance from the media limelight has fueled speculations about his conditions, which went as far as claims that bin Salman had been shot twice in the April 21 incident and could be dead.
Mujtahidd also retweeted a message from another Twitter handle named “Voice of the Arabs”, saying top sources in US administration have said bin Salman was injured in the incident and was evacuated from the palace by a chopper.
The tweet said there are doubts that bin Salman was recovering in his palace or he was still in the hospital.
This is while state-run Saudi outlets reported on Saturday bin Salman has met President of the International Football Association (FIFA) Gianni Infantino on Friday.