Ghanaians adore their celebrities so much, especially those in the entertainment field. They don’t joke with them, and to a large extent, they idolize them with some Ghanaians trying to behave just like them or copy their style.
Interestingly, there are some celebrities who are so much loved by their fans and followers that no matter what they do – whether good or bad – they still have massive following.
Some of these celebrities keep low profile and do their best to stay out the news unlike those who seem to be ‘all over’ and are constantly in the news.
Yen.com.gh news made up a list of 11 celebrities – both males and females – in no particular order who according to a survey, have been mentioned by most people as the most loved.
1. Nana Ama McBrown: Nana Ama McBrown is undoubtedly a lovable person. She has a large following on social media. This is someone who posts a photo on Instagram and can garner over two thousand likes in less than thirty minutes, as if her fans were just waiting for her to drop a photo. Nana Ama McBrown is a versatile entertainer. She features in both English and Twi- speaking movies and this makes her stand tall among her contemporaries.
She also has a deep sense of humour which attracts many people to her. According to an earlier report, Nana Ama McBrown revealed that she cannot even boast of a BECE certificate because her parents couldn’t afford her education back in the day. However, no one would know this if not told because her command over the English language is impeccable.
2. John Dumelo: John is also a loveable person and in fact, the crush of most Ghanaian ladies. Aside his handsomeness, John Dumelo’s attitude and charisma have also won him a lot of admirers and followers. He is currently rated among the top five Ghanaians celebrities with a large following on social media. On Instagram alone, John Dumelo has over 2.3 million followers. He has acted in a lot of movies both here in Ghana and in Nigeria.
3. Nana Aba Anamoah: The ever eloquent and beautiful television presenter is also in the hearts of many. Nana Aba is currently the reigning Radio and Television Personality following the 2017 RTP Awards. Ghanaians would not forget her infamous and unfair treatment from her former employers TV3 which eventually led to her resigning from there. She was caught up in a Photoshop scandal which, according to TV3, was unprofessional. She was taken off air for some time. Unable to bear it anymore, Nana Aba Anamoah finally resigned.
4. Shatta Wale: He calls himself ‘Champion’ and his fans believe he is indeed a champion in his game of Dancehall music. Despite the fact that Shatta Wale has often been in the news for mostly negative reasons, his fans and followers have remained loyal to him. Information gathered by YEN.com.gh from his camp has it that Shatta Wale spends a lot of money on his close followers especially after he performs at a show.
5. Sarkodie: Born Michael Owusu Addo, Sarkodie is also the favourite of many Ghanaians. His success in the music industry cannot be left out when Sarkodei is being talked about. Having released his debut hit song ‘Baby’ in 2009, Sakordie can now boast of uncountable number of songs which are all hits upon hits.