Media Wire

Iran DM Says Trump’s Threat of War ‘A Bluff’

Iranian Defense Minister Brigadier General Amir Hatami says US President Donald Trump’s recent threat of a military attack against Tehran is only a bluff to cover Washington’s mortification for its failures. 

“It seems more like a bluff to cover their chagrin” for their failed policies, General Hatami told reporters on the sidelines of a cabinet meeting on Wednesday.

The minister’s remarks came in response to Trump who said on Monday that the US may get into new wars, when asked about Washington’s foreign policy priorities.

Trump insisted that he is working to bring home American soldiers but warned the US may soon enter into new military conflicts.

“We may have to get into wars.  We’re better prepared than we’ve ever been. If Iran does something, they’ll be hit like they’ve never been hit before. I mean, we have things that we’re looking at,” he said in a cabinet meeting.

The Iranian minister warned the US about a crushing response in case of making the mistake of taking a measure against Iran.

“If they make a mistake, they will receive a response that will make them more ashamed than the previous measures which brought about humiliation to them,” Hatami said.

He said that the Iranian Armed Forces stand fully ready to protect the nation and the country’s borders and will give a crushing response to any threats or excessive demands.

Chairman of the Chiefs of Staff of the Iranian Armed Forces Major General Mohammad Baqeri also underscored the Islamic Republic’s deterrent power on Tuesday, warning that enemies will have to pay heavy costs if they carry out any act of aggression against the country.

Such a confrontation, he added, would merely bring the enemies heavy casualties and humiliation.

The chief commander of Iran’s Army also said earlier this month that the country will give a crushing response to any threat posed by enemies at any level.

Major General Abdolrahim Mousavi said the Iranian Armed Forces have simulated “the most severe and worst-case” threats against the country, and are ready to respond in kind and defend the Iranian borders, skies and nation as well as the Islamic Revolution’s ideals.

IFP Media Wire

Reports and views published in the Media Wire section have been retrieved from other news agencies and websites, and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of the Iran Front Page (IFP) news website. The IFP may change the headlines of the reports in a bid to make them compatible with its own style of covering Iran News, and does not make any changes to the content. The source and URL of all reports and news stories are mentioned at the bottom of each article.

Recent Posts

Iran Urges Shanghai Cooperation Organization to Condemn Trump’s Threats

Majid Takht-Ravanchi, the Political Deputy of the Islamic Republic of Iran’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs,…

4 hours ago

Iran’s Nowruz holiday sees 796 road deaths, 17% fuel consumption spike

Iranian authorities reported 796 fatalities and over 18,000 injuries during Nowruz holiday road accidents, while…

4 hours ago

IRGC: American, Zionist Plots Cannot Stop the Israel Demise

The Islamic Revolution Guard Corps (IRGC) of Iran emphasized that the Zionist and American seditions…

4 hours ago

Russia warns against military action on Iran’s nuclear program

Russia's Foreign Ministry issued a formal statement on Wednesday opposing any military solution to concerns…

6 hours ago

Kuwaiti Emir assures Iran: No aggression from our soil

Iranian President Massoud Pezeshkian engaged in a phone conversation on Wednesday with Kuwaiti Emir Mishal…

6 hours ago

Former Iranian diplomat urges strategic dialogue with Europe amid rising sanctions

Jalal Sadatian, Iran's former ambassador to the UK, has called on Iranian officials for immediate…

6 hours ago