Iran's Health Ministry spokeswoman says 391,112 patients have contracted the novel coronavirus so far, including 2,302 new cases identified in the past 24 hours, a record-high since August 21.
In a press briefing on Tuesday, Sima-Sadat Lari said the virus has killed 132 patients since Monday noon, increasing the overall death toll to 22,542.
So far, she added, 337,414 patients have recovered from the disease or been discharged from the hospital.
Lari said 3,713 patients are also in critical conditions caused by more severe infection.
The spokeswoman noted that 3,431,646 COVID-19 tests have been taken across the country so far.
She said the high-risk “red” zones include Tehran, Qom, Mazandaran, East Azarbaijan, Isfahan, Yazd, Khorasan Razavi, North Khorasan, Semnan, Gilan, Zanjan, Qazvin, and Kerman provinces.
The “orange” zones also include Lorestan, Ardabil, Golestan, Markazi, Alborz, Hormozgan, Ilam, Fars, Bushehr, West Azarbaijan, Chaharmahal and Bakhtiari, Kermanshah, South Khorasan, Kohgiluyeh and Boyer-Ahmad, and Khuzestan provinces, she added.
Majid Takht-Ravanchi, the Political Deputy of the Islamic Republic of Iran’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs,…
Iranian authorities reported 796 fatalities and over 18,000 injuries during Nowruz holiday road accidents, while…
The Islamic Revolution Guard Corps (IRGC) of Iran emphasized that the Zionist and American seditions…
Russia's Foreign Ministry issued a formal statement on Wednesday opposing any military solution to concerns…
Iranian President Massoud Pezeshkian engaged in a phone conversation on Wednesday with Kuwaiti Emir Mishal…
Jalal Sadatian, Iran's former ambassador to the UK, has called on Iranian officials for immediate…