IFP Exclusive

Source: Three advanced Israeli fighter jets destroyed in Iran’s Operation True Promise II against Israel

At least three advanced Israeli fighter jets were destroyed in Operation True Promise II staged by Iranian forces earlier this month against Israel, an informed source told Fars News Agency.

Although Israel had repositioned a significant number of its fighter jets in neighboring countries’ airbases before the operation, the operation inflicted substantial damage, the anonymous source said.

Satellite imagery also confirmed the damage to an F-35 hangar at the Nevatim airbase in the Negev Desert, with IntelSky verifying that at least 40 points at the strategic base were hit.

The Middlebury Institute reported that at least three F-35 shelters were struck during the missile operation.

Operation True Promise II was carried out on October 1 in two three-minute phases, during which nearly 200 ballistic missiles were launched with a 90 percent accuracy rate, sources say.

Military affairs expert Abdolreza Sadegh told FARS that Iran used less than one-fifth of its missile capability in this operation, suggesting Iran can launch at least 7,000 missiles within 24 hours if necessary.

Iran said it targeted three major Israeli air force bases of Nevatim, Hatzerim, and Tel Nof with Emad, Qadr, Kheibar Shekan, and Fattah 1 missiles in retaliation for Israeli assassination of resistance leaders including Hamas chief Ismail Haniyeh in Tehran on July 31.

The conflict has seen numerous escalations in recent months, with both sides engaging in military operations and cyber warfare.

IFP Editorial Staff

The IFP Editorial Staff is composed of dozens of skilled journalists, news-writers, and analysts whose works are edited and published by experienced editors specialized in Iran News. The editor of each IFP Service is responsible for the report published by the Iran Front Page (IFP) news website, and can be contacted through the ways mentioned in the "IFP Editorial Staff" section.

Recent Posts

Iran Urges Shanghai Cooperation Organization to Condemn Trump’s Threats

Majid Takht-Ravanchi, the Political Deputy of the Islamic Republic of Iran’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs,…

20 hours ago

Iran’s Nowruz holiday sees 796 road deaths, 17% fuel consumption spike

Iranian authorities reported 796 fatalities and over 18,000 injuries during Nowruz holiday road accidents, while…

20 hours ago

IRGC: American, Zionist Plots Cannot Stop the Israel Demise

The Islamic Revolution Guard Corps (IRGC) of Iran emphasized that the Zionist and American seditions…

20 hours ago

Russia warns against military action on Iran’s nuclear program

Russia's Foreign Ministry issued a formal statement on Wednesday opposing any military solution to concerns…

21 hours ago

Kuwaiti Emir assures Iran: No aggression from our soil

Iranian President Massoud Pezeshkian engaged in a phone conversation on Wednesday with Kuwaiti Emir Mishal…

22 hours ago

Former Iranian diplomat urges strategic dialogue with Europe amid rising sanctions

Jalal Sadatian, Iran's former ambassador to the UK, has called on Iranian officials for immediate…

22 hours ago