Media Wire

Israeli soldiers kill 2 Palestinians in West Bank

Israeli forces have killed two young Palestinians during a raid on a refugee camp in the occupied West Bank city of Jericho, medical sources told Reuters.

“Two young men were rushed to the hospital with bullets in their chests,” the Jericho Hospital’s director told Reuters on Tuesday.

The Palestinian Health Ministry said 16-year-old Qusay al-Walaji and Mohammed Nujoom, 25, were shot in the chest by Israeli troops “during an attack on Jericho at dawn today” – the first deadly raid in months on Jericho.

Residents in the area said there were armed clashes with Israeli forces but it was not known whether the two slain men were involved. The raid lasted for less than an hour, the residents added.

Violence in the occupied West Bank has worsened over the past months amid Israeli raids on refugee camps in the territory, deadly attacks by Jewish settlers on Palestinian villages and Palestinian street attacks on Israelis.

The French news agency AFP reported that the two people killed in Jericho brings to 216 the number of Palestinians killed by Israeli forces so far this year.

Some 28 Israelis, one Ukrainian and one Italian have also been killed, according to an AFP tally compiled from official sources on both sides.

IFP Media Wire

Reports and views published in the Media Wire section have been retrieved from other news agencies and websites, and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of the Iran Front Page (IFP) news website. The IFP may change the headlines of the reports in a bid to make them compatible with its own style of covering Iran News, and does not make any changes to the content. The source and URL of all reports and news stories are mentioned at the bottom of each article.

Recent Posts

Iran Urges Shanghai Cooperation Organization to Condemn Trump’s Threats

Majid Takht-Ravanchi, the Political Deputy of the Islamic Republic of Iran’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs,…

7 hours ago

Iran’s Nowruz holiday sees 796 road deaths, 17% fuel consumption spike

Iranian authorities reported 796 fatalities and over 18,000 injuries during Nowruz holiday road accidents, while…

7 hours ago

IRGC: American, Zionist Plots Cannot Stop the Israel Demise

The Islamic Revolution Guard Corps (IRGC) of Iran emphasized that the Zionist and American seditions…

7 hours ago

Russia warns against military action on Iran’s nuclear program

Russia's Foreign Ministry issued a formal statement on Wednesday opposing any military solution to concerns…

9 hours ago

Kuwaiti Emir assures Iran: No aggression from our soil

Iranian President Massoud Pezeshkian engaged in a phone conversation on Wednesday with Kuwaiti Emir Mishal…

9 hours ago

Former Iranian diplomat urges strategic dialogue with Europe amid rising sanctions

Jalal Sadatian, Iran's former ambassador to the UK, has called on Iranian officials for immediate…

9 hours ago