IFP Exclusive

Magnitude 6 quake hits Iran’s Hormozgan Province; No casualties reported

A magnitude-6 quake has hit the southern Iranian province of Hormozgan, with regional crisis management chief saying it left no casualties.

The earthquake took place in the early hours of Thursday and was followed by a number of aftershocks of magnitude 4 on the Richter scale. The epicenter was around the Kookherd area of Bastak county.

Director General of Crisis Management of Hormozgan Province Mehrdad Hassanzadeh says a crisis management taskforce has been formed to assess the situation. He said, however, that the damage from the tremor has been so far insignificant.

Meanwhile, local officials say power has been restored in 10 out of the 11 villages where the quake caused a blackout. Rescue workers are also reopening a single road, which was blocked.

Iran’s Red Crescent Society also says the nearby provinces of Bushehr, Fars and Kerman have been put on alert.

IFP Editorial Staff

The IFP Editorial Staff is composed of dozens of skilled journalists, news-writers, and analysts whose works are edited and published by experienced editors specialized in Iran News. The editor of each IFP Service is responsible for the report published by the Iran Front Page (IFP) news website, and can be contacted through the ways mentioned in the "IFP Editorial Staff" section.

Recent Posts

Iran Urges Shanghai Cooperation Organization to Condemn Trump’s Threats

Majid Takht-Ravanchi, the Political Deputy of the Islamic Republic of Iran’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs,…

18 hours ago

Iran’s Nowruz holiday sees 796 road deaths, 17% fuel consumption spike

Iranian authorities reported 796 fatalities and over 18,000 injuries during Nowruz holiday road accidents, while…

18 hours ago

IRGC: American, Zionist Plots Cannot Stop the Israel Demise

The Islamic Revolution Guard Corps (IRGC) of Iran emphasized that the Zionist and American seditions…

18 hours ago

Russia warns against military action on Iran’s nuclear program

Russia's Foreign Ministry issued a formal statement on Wednesday opposing any military solution to concerns…

19 hours ago

Kuwaiti Emir assures Iran: No aggression from our soil

Iranian President Massoud Pezeshkian engaged in a phone conversation on Wednesday with Kuwaiti Emir Mishal…

20 hours ago

Former Iranian diplomat urges strategic dialogue with Europe amid rising sanctions

Jalal Sadatian, Iran's former ambassador to the UK, has called on Iranian officials for immediate…

20 hours ago