Iran has once again rejected claims that it is sending arms to Yemen, saying the weapons in Yemenis’ hands are the ones which have existed in garrisons since former governments were in power.
In a televised interview with Al-Alam News Network on Tuesday, Iran’s Foreign Ministry Spokesman Bahram Qassemi said Tehran is not sending weapons to Yemen, whatsoever.
“We have no arms links with Yemen,” said the spokesman.
“Yemen is under siege, and generally there is no possibility [of Iran sending arms to Yemen]; moreover, Iran would be brave enough to announce such an action and policy if it had one,” he noted.
“What is in Yemeni people’s hands today are the arms which have existed in garrisons since previous governments,” he said.
“Today, we are witnessing that Yemen has opted to use internal techniques to stand up to relentless aggression and attacks, and this is natural.”
Qassemi’s remarks came after the Yemeni Ansarullah movement fired a new missile at the Saudi king’s palace in Riyadh in response to the Saudi aggression on Yemen. Saudi media once again claimed that the missile had been made by Iran.
Jalal Sadatian, Iran's former ambassador to the UK, has called on Iranian officials for immediate…
Iranian President Masoud Pezeshkian has told Bahrain’s King Hamad bin Issa Ale Khalifeh that Tehran…
The head of Iran's Traffic Police announced that 747 people died in road accidents during…
The Foreign Ministry of the Islamic Republic of Iran emphasized that the continued inaction of…
Located 160 kilometers west of Tehran, the city of Qazvin stands as one of Iran’s…
The Chairman of the Iranian Parliament's National Security and Foreign Policy Committee issued a stern…