Iran's Health Minister Mohammad Reza Zafarghandi says Iranian medical teams have performed 1,500 surgeries to treat 500 victims of the pager explosions in Lebanon perpetrated by Israel.
In a meeting with officials from the Medical Sciences Universities, Zafarghandi explained that the pager systems were designed in such a way that explosions often resulted in the amputation of one or both hands of the victims, and in many cases, caused blindness in both eyes.
The health minister emphasized that Iran made extensive efforts to provide the necessary medical treatments for the injured.
He assured that despite the large number of surgeries performed, no Iranian patient faced delays in receiving essential surgical care.
In September, thousands of pagers exploded across Lebanon and parts of Syria, killing 39 people and injuring thousands.
Israel prime minister Benjamin Netanyahu acknowledged earlier this month for the first time that he green-lighted the move, widely condemned by the international community.
At least 838 people have been killed in road accidents across Iran from the beginning…
The head of National Security and Foreign Policy Commission of Iran's Parliament says Tehran will…
Spokesman for Iran’s Foreign Ministry, Esmail Baqaei, expressed regret over the continued exploitation of human…
The Rabat Qoli Caravanserai, a centuries-old waystation in North Khorasan’s Jajrom County in Iran, stands…
Iran's Ambassador and Permanent Representative to the United Nations in Geneva, Ali Bahraini, denounced the…
A 4.4-magnitude earthquake struck near Shiraz, southern Iran, early Friday morning, according to the University…