Authorities have seized 32 ancient relics from an abandoned car in the city of Mayami in Iran’s Semnan Province.
The head of Mayami’s Cultural Heritage, Tourism and Handicrafts said the relics date back to the Islamic period. Mohamamd Sadegh Razavian said the items include column base, jar, vase and pottery.
He added that the car had been left near a village outside Mayami.
Razavian thanked people for their tipoff, saying as per Articles 558 to 569 of the Islamic Penal Code, approved in 1996, any theft, smuggling of antiques and changing the application of historical and cultural monuments are considered as a crime and are punishable by imprisonment for at least one month to ten years or cash fine.
He added that according to Article
Majid Takht-Ravanchi, the Political Deputy of the Islamic Republic of Iran’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs,…
Iranian authorities reported 796 fatalities and over 18,000 injuries during Nowruz holiday road accidents, while…
The Islamic Revolution Guard Corps (IRGC) of Iran emphasized that the Zionist and American seditions…
Russia's Foreign Ministry issued a formal statement on Wednesday opposing any military solution to concerns…
Iranian President Massoud Pezeshkian engaged in a phone conversation on Wednesday with Kuwaiti Emir Mishal…
Jalal Sadatian, Iran's former ambassador to the UK, has called on Iranian officials for immediate…