The Iranian judiciary spokesman says 14 people have been arrested in connection with a building collapse in the southwestern Iranian city of Abadan.
In a press conference on Tuesday, Massoud Setayeshi said four former mayors of Abadan and officials with the city’s Construction Engineering Organization are among those arrested.
The 10-storey Metropol Building that was under construction partially collapsed on May 23.
Faulty construction practices have been blamed for the collapse of the building.
41 bodies have been recovered so far. Rescue operation is still ongoing as more people are feared to have been trapped under the rubble.
The exact number of people trapped under the rubble is unknown, but unofficial figures put it at over 80.
Officials have said the remains of the building will be completely destroyed after removing the debris.
At least 838 people have been killed in road accidents across Iran from the beginning…
The head of National Security and Foreign Policy Commission of Iran's Parliament says Tehran will…
Spokesman for Iran’s Foreign Ministry, Esmail Baqaei, expressed regret over the continued exploitation of human…
The Rabat Qoli Caravanserai, a centuries-old waystation in North Khorasan’s Jajrom County in Iran, stands…
Iran's Ambassador and Permanent Representative to the United Nations in Geneva, Ali Bahraini, denounced the…
A 4.4-magnitude earthquake struck near Shiraz, southern Iran, early Friday morning, according to the University…