The explosion of a land mine remained from the Iraqi imposed war (1980s) killed and wounded three little children who were playing in Sardasht, a town in northwestern Iran.
An official in Sardasht told IRNA that the child was an eight-year-old boy.
The boy was playing with his two friends when they found a mine and started playing with it, Mir Ashkan Mahdavi said.
Because of the explosion, Mohammad Eliasi was killed on the spot and two other boys were injured, Mahdavi said.
The mine had been moved to Sardasht due to the soil erosion and rainfall, he noted.
The event is the second of its kind since the beginning of the Iranian calendar year on March 20, the official said.
At least 838 people have been killed in road accidents across Iran from the beginning…
The head of National Security and Foreign Policy Commission of Iran's Parliament says Tehran will…
Spokesman for Iran’s Foreign Ministry, Esmail Baqaei, expressed regret over the continued exploitation of human…
The Rabat Qoli Caravanserai, a centuries-old waystation in North Khorasan’s Jajrom County in Iran, stands…
Iran's Ambassador and Permanent Representative to the United Nations in Geneva, Ali Bahraini, denounced the…
A 4.4-magnitude earthquake struck near Shiraz, southern Iran, early Friday morning, according to the University…