IFP has taken a look at the front pages of newspapers on Wednesday and picked headlines from 18 of them. IFP has simply translated the headlines and does not vouch for their accuracy.
Supreme Leader of the Islamic Revolution Seyyed Ali Khamenei did not hesitate to respond to Iranian President Hassan Rouhani’s Monday letter detailing JCPOA achievements. In his prompt response, the Leader underlined the need for appreciating the nuclear achievements while keeping a wary eye on US treachery and breaching of the deal. This was the top headline of almost all Iranian dailies on January 20, 2016. Other top stories were releasing of Iranian frozen assets in international banks, President Rouhani’s expression of support for private investors in the country’s push to economic development in the post sanctions era, and Pakistani’s premier Tehran visit.
Following are Tuesday’s press headline.
1. Leader warns against US treachery, breach
2. Canada keen on restoring diplomatic ties with Iran
3. Ex-MP mocks Rouhani assertions about disqualified parliamentary hopefuls
4. Review of dress designs in Fajr Film Festival
5. UN committee warns Turkey over discrimination and human rights violations
A United Nations committee has voiced concern over widespread violations of human rights in Turkey, particularly focusing on racial profiling of Kurdish citizens during the campaign against the outlawed Kurdistan Workers’ Party (PKK).
– Audi in talks to enter Iran
1- Nawaz Sharif brokers Tehran-Riyadh reconciliation
2- Iran sends Araqchi to Saudi Arabia
3- Iran President: Iran does not welcome any tension
4- Reformists send report to Leader [on disqualification of their candidates in the parliamentary election]
5- Iranian spent Rls. 2000b on video games
6- Iran ponder ending ban on top singer’s performance
Legendary Iranian singer Mohammad Reza Shajarian says President Rouhani may lift a ban on his public performance in Iran. The singer was banned from public programs after the 2009 unrest in Iran when he joined the opposition groups.
1. IRISL removed from sanctions list
2. President: puts seal of disapproval on warmongering, anti-negotiation talks
3. 270,000 satellite dishes seized in Tehran in 9 month
4. China, Pakistan push to broker Iran-Saudi peace
1. CBI head: Major portion of Iran frozen assets freed
2. Veep: Iran views boosting of ties with neighbors as top priority
During a meeting with Pakistan Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif in Tehran, first Vice-President EshaqJahangiri underlined Iran’s seriousness in enhancing ties with its neighbors in light of the removal of US-led sanctions on Tehran’s nuclear program.
– Iran, Czech trade to grow tenfold
1. Leader: Achievements gained by resistance, perseverance
The Supreme Leader responded to a letter by President Rouhani on the country’s nuclear achievements and lifting of sanctions on nuclear program. The Leader has expressed satisfaction with the accomplishment of the nation’s resistance against unjust sanctions, and the opposite sides’ backtracking on their positions thanks to efforts made by Iranian nuclear scientists and endeavors by all those involved in the nuclear talks.
2. Rouhani: No JCPOA implementation without Dr. Zarif
Iranian President Hassan Rouhani hailed Minister of Foreign Affairs Mohammad Javad Zarif for his round-the-clock endeavors for the successful conclusion and implementation of the Joint Comprehensive Plan Of Action (JCPOA) in a ceremony held to celebrate the administration’s nuclear achievements in Tehran on Tuesday.
1. Reformist factions call on Guardian Council to reassess candidates’ qualifications
2. Rouhani: We couldn’t do without Zarif
Iranian President Hassan Rouhani said this referring to Minister of Foreign Affairs Mohammad Javad Zarif for his role in successful conclusion of the nuclear accord with world powers and removal of US-led sanctions on Tehran’s nuclear program.
3. Parliament signs off on motion of “political crime” after 36 years
Iranian Parliament passes the generalities of a motion to define political crimes in Iran for the first time since the 1979 Islamic Revolution.
4. London visa issuance soon in Tehran: British PM
1. Fresh Saudi-led strikes against Yemen: 44 killed
2. Leader satisfied with fruit bearing of Iranian nation’s resistance
3. President: Iran economy poised for emergence
Iranian President Hassan Rouhani said in a meeting with private economic activists.
“Undoubtedly, by nation’s resolve and administration’s assistance, the country will be developed,” said Rouhani in the Tuesday gathering.
4. FM to N. deal critics: We shall not plant seed of pessimism in Iran
5. Electronic wastage modern world’s concern
6. President to British Premier: JCPOA implementation must lead to enhanced economic ties
1. Deputy Health Minister announced: Annual death of 53,000 cancer patients in Iran
2. Low-interest occupational, marriage loans for youths
3. Labor Minister: Efforts underway to slash joblessness
1. Recession, unemployment government’s biggest concerns
2. Majlis Speaker calls on government to submit budget bill for next year’s first 2 months
Because deliberations over the national budget bill for next Iranian fiscal year (beginning March 21) will most probably take until April, Majlis Speaker called on the Rouhani administration to present a bill for the first two months of the next Iranian calendar year to legalize government spending during the period.
3. Judiciary Chief: Human rights pretenders in Yemen and Bahrain remain silent
4. Tehran Mayor: Fresh finances needed to promote Tehran subway capacity
1. Leader: Sanctions removal not enough for economy
2. Official: Healthcare investments supported in Iran
3. China envoy in Tehran: Boosting ties aimed by Chinese President in Tehran visit
4. Pakistani PM in Tehran to broker Iran-Saudi detente
5. President urges state companies to retreat in favor of private sector
– Leader’s 5 post-sanctions commandments
1. Leader hails retreat of arch enemies
“It must be noted that heavy costs have been paid for what has been achieved under this deal,” read the Leader’s response to Iranian President Hassan Rouhani’s Monday letter, “Written and verbal remarks that try to ignore this fact and advocating appreciation of the Western side are contrary of being honest with nation’s public opinion.”
2. House of Saud scapegoat for Zionists: IRGC Chief
Major General Mohammad Ali Jafari, the head of Iranian Revolution Guards Corps (IRGC), said this.
3. Tel Aviv blast injure 3
4. IDF chief: Iran deal could be beneficial for Israel
5. Shajarian raps Alizadeh for turning down France’s Chevalier of Legion of Honor
In 2014, Iranian tar virtuoso and composer Hossein Alizadeh, who has worked with many Iranian and foreign musicians, refused to accept the Ordre des Arts et des Lettres Chevalier (Order of Arts and Letters), the highest decoration awarded by the French government.
6. Report: Media hype on attempts to talk Guardian Council into reconsidering screening results
7. Pakistani PM: Islamabad and Tehran against Takfiri terrorists
1. Israeli energy minister makes secret visit to Abu Dhabi
2. Pakistani PM’s Tehran talks
Pakistan: Iran-Saudi peace broker
1. Zarif: JCPOA breach not to be left unanswered
Minister of Foreign Affairs Mohammad Javad Zarif said exchange of political detainees by Iran and US had nothing to do with the JCPOA implementation.
2. Gas export to Europe Iran strategy
3. Lock of L/Cs broken
1,000 L/Cs opened for Iranian business only one day after the implementation day.
1. Iran frozen assets at $55b: Kerry
2. Power struggle in Saudi royal court
3. Business Magnate: SWIFT reconnection, a lie
Assadollah Asgaroladi said Iranian banks’ reconnection to the SWIFT international banking system is a lie.
4. Iranian seized cash in Germany released
1. Aviation giants in Tehran next week; after 35 years
2. Novel economic path for Iran
3. Unseen crises: water and soil pollutions
In in-depth report about water and soil pollution in Iran that have put the ecosystem at stake.