Iranian Administration Seriously Pursuing Mina Tragedy Case: Spokesman

nobakht24

Spokesman for the Iranian administration expressed the cabinet’s determination to relieve the pains of those who lost their loved ones in a fatal crush of pilgrims in Saudi Arabia during last year’s Hajj.

Speaking at a weekly press conference in Tehran on Tuesday, Mohammad Baqer Nobakht said the administration has ordered the Foundation of Martyrs and Veterans Affairs to do whatever necessary to satisfy the families of the Mina tragedy victims.

He also voiced the Management and Planning Organization’s readiness to provide the budget and resources needed to handle the issue.

Nobakht also underlined that Iran has taken any possible measure to deal with the Mina case in spite of Saudi Arabia’s move to sever diplomatic ties with Iran.

Last week, President Hassan Rouhani also emphasized that his administration will press ahead with legal and political measures to restore the country’s rights in connection with the fatal crush of Hajj pilgrims.

The government will not forget about the blood of the Iranian martyrs shed in Mina, the president said, stressing that legal and political steps will continue to be taken on the matter.

During last year’s Hajj in Saudi Arabia, 7,000 pilgrims were killed, 477 of whom were Iranians. 12 Iranians were killed in a crane collapse in Mecca, while 465 others lost their lives in Mina.

SOURCETasnim News Agency
IFP Media Wire
Reports and views published in the Media Wire section have been retrieved from other news agencies and websites, and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of the Iran Front Page (IFP) news website. The IFP may change the headlines of the reports in a bid to make them compatible with its own style, and does not make any changes to the content. The source and url of all reports and news stories are mentioned at the bottom of each article.
   
   

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

eighteen − seventeen =

*