IFP has taken a look at the front pages of newspapers on Wednesday and picked headlines from 16 of them. IFP has simply translated the headlines and does not vouch for their accuracy.
1. Japan, EU team up to warn China of concerns over new security laws
2. FM Zarif: Iran, Romani form economic commission after 12 years
3. Iraqi army launches major operation in Salahuddin
4. Denmark poised to boost Iran ties
5. 19th official Assembly of Experts session under way
6. Haddad Adel: 6th, 9th hardliners absent in 10th parliament
7. Rouhani visits exhibition of car-making industry achievements
8. Iran among five major challenges for us: US defense secretary
9. UN: Lull in Syria fights a global agreement that should last no longer than two weeks
1. Ayatollah honors Hassan Khomeini
Hassan Khomeini, the grandson of Imam Khomeini, founder of the Islamic Revolution, failed to qualify for Assembly of Experts elections by the Guardian Council.
2. Gov’t spokesman: 2016 elections completion of 2013 presidential vote
3. Iran to adopts free pricing system for cars in 10 years: Minister
4. Assad: Truce glimmer of hope
5. Admin committed to cooperate with future parl.
6. Head of Tehran Chamber: Ice of recession will smash in New Year
7. AEOI Chief: West late on fulfilling parts of JCPOA commitments
8. Iran, US wrestlers compete in New York’s Times Square
1. Iran, Romania boost ties
2. Tehran mayor calls for designation of body to curb air pollution
1. Rafsanjani: Nation’s vote answer to slanders
Election campaigns must become friendships, said the select Assembly of Expert member.
2. CIA agent heading to Tehran: official
3. President Rouhani: Elections were significant
1. Rouhani warns: Gov’t support for carmakers cannot last forever
2. Wave of women’s presence in Iran parliament
3. Report: Dangers of Chilean grapes, Egyptian oranges
1. Rouhani: Admin chiefly concerned with fulfilling nation’s wishes
2. Iran to produce Euro-5 fuel by 2018
1. Election results shocked me: Aref
Mohammad Reza Aref won the majority votes in Tehran constituency as a reformist candidate.
2. Rouhani: Nation aired its taste in elections
1. IKCO unveils new generation of engines
Iran Khodro Company is the biggest producer of cars in Iran.
2. Tehran Symphony Orchestra conductor Ali Rahbari quits
3. Int’l tourism, travel fair opens in Kish Island
1. Rafsanjani says will seek to toughen moderation bases
2. Iran to issue IRR400bn bonds next year: CBI chief
3. Report: Political tendencies in the 10th Parl.
4. Bill to boost traffic fines withheld
5. IRR200bn gov’t incentive plan for domestic producers
1. Industry minister calls for free price system of cars within 10 years
Iran eyes export of one/third of produced cars
2. Iran aircraft fleet valued at IRR30,000bn
3. Iran to curb gasoline imports
1. No more rise in traffic fines
2. Select MPs speak of 10th Parl. priorities
1. Iran, EU resume banking relations
2. 70% reshuffling of Parl. structure
3. The paper has also placed a quotation by Imam Khomeini which reads: “Americans and Brits have plans to label anyone who is an honest servant of the nation as being American and British to downplay their merits because they already know they are defaced in Iran.”
1. Salehi: Foreign ministry solved crisis with prolonged bans
“West is dragging feet in fulfilling JCPOA commitments,” said Ali Akbar Salehi, head of the Atomic Energy Organization of Iran.
2. Chief says IRGC ready to play bigger role in developing country
3. Taking a ride of bliss
1. Election campaigns proved health of democracy in Iran
2. Indictment ready for IRR120,000bn scam case
3. French police savagely raids refugee camps
4. Economic threats, opportunities in Iran next year
5. Rouhani: Gov’t never becomes good economic manager
1. Admin devises short-term plan to address nation’s economic concerns
2. Romanian FM: Romania can become gateway for export of Iranian products to EU
3. Aref: We will seek enhanced ties with world
4. Haddad Adel: 10th parl. unlike all other parliaments
1. Switzerland joins club of Iran importers
2. Driver miraculously survives accident