IFP has taken a look at the front pages of Iranian newspapers on Thursday, March 8, and picked headlines from 21 of them. IFP has simply translated the headlines and does not vouch for their accuracy.
Almost all papers today covered the comments made by Iranian President Hassan Rouhani about Iran’s stabilizing role in the Middle East, and that the country poses no threat to other countries.
The resignation of US President Donald Trump’s economic advisor, Gary Cohn, was also a top story, particularly in economic newspapers which covered its impacts on the global markets.
The consequences of French Foreign Minister Jean-Yves Le Drian’s talks with Iranian officials also continued to receive coverage in a number of papers.
The above issues, as well as many more, are highlighted in the following headlines and top stories:
- Rouhani: No One Should Be Worried about Iran’s Missiles
- Iran-Russia Consultation over Purchase of Sukhoi-100 Planes
- Netanyahu: Either Revise or Annul Iran Nuclear Deal
- SAIPA: Iran to Turn into Biggest Non-French Hub of Citroen Production
- Triangle of Impeachment
- Parliament Increasing Its Pressure on Gov’t
- After Ministers of Roads, Labour, Now Agriculture Minister May Be Impeached
- What Goals Are in Mind of Ambitious Crown Prince in US, UK Visits?
- Cohn Resigns as Trump’s Economic Advisor in Protest at Policies
- Queen’s Red Carpet for Prince: A Review of Bin Salman’s Controversial UK Visit
- Rouhani: Patriarchy, Violence against Women Not Tolerated
- Guardian Council Gives Green-light to MPs to Revise Law of Elections
- Turning to Euro: What Do Long Lines in Front of Exchange Facilities Mean?
- Rouhani: All Bodies, Officials Must Be Accountable to People
- Putin: Sanctions against Iran, Russia, N. Korea Show US Incompetence
- IRGC Aerospace Commander: We’re among Top 5 in World in Missiles, Drones
- Rouhani: We’ll Join Hands to Resolve Iran’s Problems
- Tehran Prosecutor: It’s Enemy’s Plot to Politicize Issue of Hijab
- Iranian, Turkish Presidents Agree to Use Lira, Rial in Bilateral Trade
- Iran First VP: Iran to Stand by Iraq in Reconstruction
- US Responds to N. Korea’s Good Faith with Sanctions
- Pyongyang Asked for Guarantee, White House Toughened Sanctions
- Rouhani: Everyone Has Right to Criticize, but Defamation Doesn’t Mean Criticism
- Pakistan FM: Cooperation with US Was Wrong
- US: Syria Dissidents No Longer Capable of Overthrowing Assad’s Gov’t
- Massive Protests in London against Saudi Crown Prince, British Gov’t
- Pentagon Admits: US Pays Monthly Salaries to Terrorists in Syria
- Despite French Government’s Hostile Moves against Iran;
- Bloomberg: Total to Gain Great Profit from Iran
- Dollar Business, Second Job of Some Employees
- Parliament to Impeach More and More Ministers
- Issue of Compulsory Hijab to Be Discussed in Parliament after Vacation: MP
- Women’s Demands in Cyberspace
- Arab World in Whirlpool of Iranophobia
- A Report on New Wave of Arab Countries’ Opposition to Iran
- Rouhani: We’re on Same Boat, If You Wreck Part of It, It’ll Sink Entirely
- Outcome of Le Drian’s Visit Was “Almost Nothing” for Tehran
- Rouhani: Iran, as a Stabilizing Country, Is No Threat to Anyone
- Increased Concerns about Business War in Stock Exchange Market
- Global Markets Fall after Cohn’s Resignation
- Top Clerics Slam French Officials’ Impudence
- Iran’s Former Negotiator: US Repeatedly Violating JCPOA
- Putin Completes His Nuclear Threatening Remarks against West