IFP has taken a look at the front pages of Iranian newspapers on Saturday, May 5, and picked headlines from 18 of them. IFP has simply translated the headlines and does not vouch for their accuracy.
The top story in all papers today was the remarks made in a video message by Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif about the European countries’ idea of a new deal on Tehran’s missile program.
Also a top story was President Hassan Rouhani’s strong criticism of the Judiciary’s move to block the popular messaging app Telegram.
A number of conservative papers also highlighted the French police’s brutality against the journalists of the Islamic Republic of Iran Broadcasting (IRIB) who were severely attacked during the recent protests.
The above issues, as well as many more, are highlighted in the following headlines and top stories:
- Zarif: We Are the Ones Who Should Be Protesting, Not the West
- Analyst: Zarif’s Video Message Put the Ball in US Court
- Zarif: US to Be Responsible for Consequences of Pulling Out of JCPOA
- Lavrov: Opportunity of Non-Proliferation to Be Missed If JCPOA Cancelled
- Turkey’s Hillary
- Turkish Woman Meral Akşener Main Rival of Erdogan in Early Elections
- Rouhani Calls for Publicising Names of Those Who Blocked Telegram
- Zarif: Implementing Iran Nuclear Deal Only Way US Has
- Netanyahu’s TV Show with Closed Case
- Post-Telegram Days!
- Government Officials Use Twitter to Protest against Restrictions on Telegram
- New Scenario on Table: Europe Preparing for JCPOA Minus US
- Zarif: We Won’t Renegotiate Iran Nuclear Deal
- US Army’s Commandos Enter Yemen War to Support Saudi Arabia
- Zarif in Video Message to JCPOA Parties: No Bargaining
- Zarif: We Won’t Accept Any Change to JCPOA or Any Supplementary Deal
- Netanyahu’s Anti-Iran Show Mocked
- France’s Crackdown on Freedom, Celebrities
- Iranian Journalist in a Coma after Being Shot by French Police
- Nothing Heard of Such Brutality in Iran, World Media
- Asian, European Parties to Iran Nuclear Deal against Trump’s Violation of Its Commitments
- 456,000 Iranian, Foreign Books Released in 31st Tehran International Book Fair
- UAE Army Occupies Yemeni Island
- Europe Offering Ransom to US Out of “Iran’s Pocket” on Pretext of Preserving Iran Deal
- Kayhan Chief: Which Deal Are They Going to Withdraw from? Nothing Left of JCPOA!
- Either This JCPOA or Nothing; Zarif’s Decisive Response to EU’s Package
- Haddad Adel: Political Islam’s Power a Nightmare for West
- Criticisms Raised against Grandchildren of Imam Khomeini
- Conservatives Blast Ahmad Khomeini for “Luxurious” Ceremony
- Amazing Gold Reserves Kept in Iranian Houses
- Swiss Ambassador to Tehran: JCPOA Implementation Can Continue without US
- One Week to Trump’s Decision on Iran Nuclear Deal
- Zarif: We’ll Never Ever Renegotiate the Accord
- IRIB Correspondent in Paris Talks of Being Shot by French Police