Iran condemns Ankara terror attack

Iran’s Foreign Ministry strongly condemned a bomb attack in the Turkish capital of Ankara that killed and wounded dozens of people on Wednesday.

Voicing Iran’s strong condemnation of the terrorist blast, Foreign Ministry Spokesman Hossein Jaberi Ansari offered condolences to the Turkish government and nation and the bereaved families of the victims.

He said the incident once again highlights the necessity for concerted action against terrorism, which is a common threat to the international community.

An explosion hit military vehicles at an intersection in Ankara on Wednesday evening, in what the military called a terror attack.

28 people were killed and 61 others were injured, according to Deputy Prime Minister Numan Kurtulmus.

The explosion hit three military vehicles and a private vehicle in city center, near Turkish Parliament buildings.

No group has claimed responsibility for the attack so far.

“Our determination to respond in kind against such attacks against our unity and future from outside and inside is even more strengthened through such attacks,” Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan said in a statement. “Turkey will not hesitate to use its right to self-defense anytime, anywhere, and in all situations.”