IFP has taken a look at the front pages of Iran newspapers on Saturday and picked headlines from 23 of them. IFP has simply translated the headlines and does not vouch for their accuracy.
It is now only less than a week to Parliament and Assembly of Experts elections in Iran. Candidates from all political parties and factions are jockeying to win the largest number of supporters and papers do play a special role in this regard. On Saturday, February 20, 2016, most of the top headlines were devoted to election campaigns.
Here are the top headlines:
1. Women and children make up 70% of Syrian casualties in 2015
2. A candidate in all election lists!
3. Obama signs off fresh US sanctions on N. Korea
4. European Court of Justice says Iran’s Bank Mellat Was unfairly sanctioned
5. North Korea’s nuclear tests ‘could trigger catastrophic volcanic eruption’: S. Korea
1. Chinese FM: Iran Nuclear deal could be used as a model to solve N. Korea issue
2. Parliament Speaker: N. deal took 2 months to implement not 20 minutes
3. New round of sanctions relief
1. Israel fears new missile system in Iran
2. Iran, France to start healthcare cooperation
3. 70% of power plants ready for summer peak
1. 70 reformists against 3,000 principalists in parliament election
2. 250 kids in Iranian prisons
1. Diplomat calls for promoting Turkish culture in Iran
2. Iran builds first private school for Tabriz orphans
1. Rafsanjani calls on nation to vote for full lists
2. Virtual election fraud
1. Economy of Resistance will be the basis of development in Iran
2. Terrorist blast kills 40 in Turkey
3. Friday Prayer leader: Certain figures holding posts will harm the country
4. Unscrupulous fraud by institute for supporting kids suffering from cancer
5. Knowledge-based firms can help country’s progress
1. Expect a “News Bomb”: Mogul’s advocate
The defendant of Babak Zanjani, corporate mogul charged with fraud, has said big news is underway
about his client’s case.
1. 60% of taxpayers evade taxes in Iran: Vice President for legal affairs
2. Iranian futsal players thrash Vietnam to face hosts in final
1. Culture Minister: Running country in 1394 was like a miracle
2. Report: Women’s status in 9 Iranian parliaments
3. Candidate lists jockey in election campaign
4. Turkey hits Kurdish targets after Ankara bombing
1. Economic growth no longer confidential
A detailed report about the country’s economic growth
2. Iran supports any measure to help crude oil prices
1. Election bustle in Iran
As days pass, the Election Day comes closer adding to the hustle and bustle of campaigns by
candidates vying to win a seat at the Iranian parliament.
2. Iran to stick to boosting-crude-output policy to revive pre-sanctions exports
3. Friday Prayer leaders urge nation’s high turnout in upcoming elections
1. British dictate of election for Iranian nation!
- Friday Prayer leader: People will rub UK nose in dirt in election
- Washington: Selling arms to Tehran is violation of UNSC resolution
- Wave of election debates in Iran
- Maryland University Poll: Iranian people still mistrust US
- Hadad Adel: US planning to engineer Iran elections
- US Presidential hopeful: US on the brink
- MP: People will not vote for candidates who have UK support
- IRGC Commander: Hezbollah determines security equations in region
- Diplomat calls for grasping post-sanctions opportunities
- European, Asian oil firms eye Iran market
- Iran welcomes OPEC-Non OPEC cooperation
- Online death of wildlife
A report about trading rare species online
- Reformist celebrities under cover
- Domino of Russian dishonesty
Russia again failed to deliver S-300 missile systems to Iran.
- Introduction of world’s first humanitarian amusement part [in Hamedan
An amusement park in the western city of Hamedan is now free to cancer kids and their families.
- Iran, Iraq bent on boosting trade ties
- Saudi generals oppose sending troops to Syria
- Iran, US prepare for military talks
- US Treasury plans to cement banking bonds with Iran